Thread: AutoTrader.ca review: 2021 Mirage CVT gets some love

AutoTrader.ca review: 2021 Mirage CVT gets some love

Not bad. It looks Mirage is getting some more love these days

https://www.autotrader.ca/expert/202...mirage-review/

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twister77 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-05-2021),precisionxt (06-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twister77 View Post
    Not bad. It looks Mirage is getting some more love these days

https://www.autotrader.ca/expert/202...mirage-review/
    It's a nice honest review. No one can deny the Mirage is still standing while others have fallen in North America.

It's too bad they can't use the same trim levels for both the States & Canada. We no longer have the GT & now the SE is our top trim level. I started to think she was listing things all wrong, & then I realized we were in Canada!

If I were in the Market for new Mirage with some options like cruise for example I'd consider the Rio as well.
    Comparably optioned it's really not much more. I did a build and price comparing a base cvt rio to an se Mirage and they were within $12-1500ish(it was more than 5 mins ago so I forget exactly how close).

To get cruise in Canada you have to buy the SE model which only comes with the cvt. The rio offers cruise in all models, even the 5 speed, and heated seats too I believe. I assume the Rio drives and handles better to with 15" wheels and 120hp but the one drawback is it probably can't touch the Mirage's fuel economy. But it might be close enough to sway me, if I were looking that is. I haven't looked into a rio much other than the options. It's likely far less reliable in the long run, probably has direct injection and other whizz bang newfangled thingy's that might break.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Thanks for posting that, twister77.

[Hope you don't mind I split it to its own thread]

That's a shockingly high overall score -- 7.9 / 10 -- for the Mirage from a North American reviewer. Very comprehensive too.

I've read a bunch of different reviews by Jody Lai. She loves cheap & cheerful cars.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

twister77 (06-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    The Kia Rio isn’t offered with a manual transmission anymore.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJosh View Post
    The Kia Rio isn’t offered with a manual transmission anymore.
    In Canada, they can get the KIA Rio 5 LX hatchback with a 6-speed manual transmission.

But we don’t get a Kia 10 year warranty like I thought you guys get in the US? It’s more 60’ or seconds.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)