Page 48 of 66 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miles/kilometers on your Mirage/Space Star so far? (PLUS! Leaderboard)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Cool car CobraJet! Saab made fighter planes too I think?
    Thanks!

That is what they started doing. In 1937, to be exact. SAAB stands for "Svenska Aeroplan Aktiebolag", or "Swedish Airplane Company Limited". After WWII, the commercial demand for fighter planes dropped considerably. So Saab had to do something else in the postwar years to keep the lights on.

That 'something else' was passenger cars. Saab is still a very large defense contractor today.

Last edited by Cobrajet; 06-28-2019 at 02:36 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-28-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Most important GM saved themselves from banktruptcy - so sorry for SAAB, Opel and others...
    Not exactly "saved themselves". There was this little thing called a 51 billion dollar U.S. government bailout in 2008...

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-28-2019),Pryme (06-28-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Not exactly "saved themselves". There was this little thing called a 51 billion dollar U.S. government bailout in 2008...
    Lol absolutely. GM should be all gone right now. Same with Chrysler.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I just got to 49k miles. I tell one thing the critics got wrong is when they state you have to plan way ahead if your passing on the highway. I pass cars doing 80 no problem and in a timely quick manner as well with the AC on medium high. The engine is only slow in 0 to 45 acceleration IMO. Granted my mpg plunges to 38 mpg and it gets a bit loud, but none of my passengers have ever noticed it. Its really hardly any louder than Sentras, Fits, and Yarises Ive ridden in on the hwy at 85 mph.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well my 2015 CVT is still going strong currently 118,000. I have changed the engine oil since day one myself at 10k intervals Mobil 1 EXTENDED FULL SYNTHETIC and one of those fram tough guard filters. I have changed the CVT fluid myself at 35k to 40k intervals. Once closer to 120000mi changing CVT OIL, filter, dropping pan and wiping out. Funny thing is out of all the times I have changed CVT OIL I have never drained from plug either. I have always used vacuum pump to remove fluid from CVT. I'm curious to see if any build up is on pan and how the filter looks. Also I am pretty hard on my little I-10 Warrior usually 140mi round trip to work I drive between 75-85mph. I only use this veichle for commute to work and drive my Titan around town. My only complaint is the freaking AC compressor sounds like poop. I have pulled up next to other same models and yep sounds the same but mine is worst likely bearings AC still blows cold as day one. I'm sure the speeds I drive over time has played a part. Sounds like a crap turbine lol
    Last edited by MrNuff; 07-09-2019 at 05:06 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNuff View Post
    Well my 2015 CVT is still going strong currently 118,000. I have changed the engine oil since day one myself at 10k intervals Mobil 1 EXTENDED FULL SYNTHETIC and one of those fram tough guard filters. I have changed the CVT fluid myself at 35k to 40k intervals. Once closer to 120000mi changing CVT OIL, filter, dropping pan and wiping out. Funny thing is out of all the times I have changed CVT OIL I have never drained from plug either. I have always used vacuum pump to remove fluid from CVT. I'm curious to see if any build up is on pan and how the filter looks. Also I am pretty hard on my little I-10 Warrior usually 140mi round trip to work I drive between 75-85mph. I only use this veichle for commute to work and drive my Titan around town.
    If the Mirage CVT7 can hold up to Texas highways and Texas heat and hit 175k miles Ill be severely impressed! I am surprised the Texas Rangers havent pulled you over yet for driving an eco friendly car lol kidding. HOW BOUT DEM COWBOYS!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    COWBOYS indeed. Yep I may have a story or two about parts from 18 wheelers flying beneath my car while making a pass in PASSING lane. Thankfully my oil pan is still beneath my car!!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 34.5 mpg (US) ... 14.7 km/L ... 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Indonesia
    Thanks
    Just passed 130K kilometers. Didn't realize it until I got into a red light. Cheers!

Name:  8g9XG9y.jpg
Views: 756
Size:  21.9 KB

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sapta For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-02-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Congrats from my experience so far luckily zero issues. Stay on top of your CVT OIL changes replacing the auxiliary paper filter at bare minimum. If your feeling inclined change screen filter in pan as well. Me personally I'm only changing aux filter every oil change and screen filter in pan everyother. Good luck to us all.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrNuff For This Useful Post:

Eggman (08-02-2019)

I agree, as well it's gonna be more beneficial to drop the pan and get a little more fluid out at once rather than just dropping the drain plug. It'll give you a better idea as to what's going on in there as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)