Page 42 of 66 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miles/kilometers on your Mirage/Space Star so far? (PLUS! Leaderboard)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    There's a good chance you'll be the highest sometime soon. Someone is gonna be using our high mileage one full time starting next week so we'll see.
    I'm tempted to start driving for Uber just so I can rack up more miles than your high mileage car.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-08-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I noticed the majority of these comments about sucess with their high milage comes from manual owners. Would love to read such stories from CVT too. Lol but I digress.
    You seem really stressed out over your recent Mirage purchase. The Mirage you bought wasn't a super high mileage vehicle, & you had your CVT fluid changed already. I would just enjoy your car now. Keep up on normal maintenance items & hope for the best. That's all a person can really do.

I've never heard anyone say the Mirage's CVT is total crap, nor I have heard anyone say a Mirage's CVT will outlast the life of the vehicle. If you take good care of your Mirage, I tend to believe it will take good care of you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-09-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    My fiancee and I purchased two a month apart, both financed, both with bad track records of properly maintaining our previous. I guess that adds to my height of paranoia lol. Your completely right though however and I got that carfax maintenance app on my phone to help me through the process.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    My fiancee and I purchased two a month apart, both financed, both with bad track records of properly maintaining our previous. I guess that adds to my height of paranoia lol. Your completely right though however and I got that carfax maintenance app on my phone to help me through the process.
    You should have years and years of trouble free ownership if you keep a maintenance schedule.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-14-2019),Dirk Diggler (03-09-2019)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Consider starting a new thread asking for advice and procedural steps and you'll get all the help and encouragement you could wish for. Personally I think it would be good reading and a good discussion covering many topics.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-09-2019)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    SUPER honored to be in the top 5! Just need to fix that pesky CVT so I can keep racking them up. I've got a line on one, hoping to swap next month (April 2019). I'm starting to miss my buzzy little 3 cyl!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    How many miles did you have on your Mirage? How hard is it to find a used serviceable CVT? And most importantly, was it hard to find a transmission place that would install it? Costs?

How many miles did you have on your Mirage? How hard is it to find a used serviceable CVT? And most importantly, was it hard to find a transmission place that would install it? Costs?
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...0796-Limp-Mode
    It's just a transmission, nothing magical about it. It's the exact same process to replace a conventional automatic.

Edit: What I meant was you shouldn't have a hard time finding a shop to replace a cvt. If they can replace a transmission then they can replace a cvt. As far as finding a used one, it seems like there are 2 different part numbers. Early 14' and late 14' model years. Late 14-17 maybe 18 and 19' are the same. Earlier models have a different part number and I don't know if they'll interchange.

I hear you, I wouldn't say I'm poor but have lots of bills so I'll won't be buying anything new enough to have a warranty anytime soon.
    Last edited by Fummins; 03-14-2019 at 01:31 PM. Reason: I'm not cluttering up this thread so I'll just keep editing this one:)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-18-2019)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Yeah but brother when your as poor as me any info on dealing with parts online, keeping it in my budget, and dealing with mechanics is much appreciated. Sorry if Im exasperating at times, Im just trying to do the best I can with research. Your input has been invaluable, I salute you sir and thank you. Im sure your bombarded every day with questions, so I also thank you for your time.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    [TD]TylerIrwin's 2014 Mirage SE, CVT[/TD]
    [TD]Freeway commuter[/TD]
    [/B]

I'll just get you to correct my name if you could. It's an easy mistake, everyone does it. All the same letters and all.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 36.9 mpg (US) ... 15.7 km/L ... 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyrelirwin For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-22-2019)