Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: How many miles/kilometers on your Mirage/Space Star so far? (PLUS! Leaderboard)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNuff View Post
    Congrats from my experience so far luckily zero issues. Stay on top of your CVT OIL changes replacing the auxiliary paper filter at bare minimum. If your feeling inclined change screen filter in pan as well. Me personally I'm only changing aux filter every oil change and screen filter in pan everyother. Good luck to us all.
    How much is that at the dealership? To change the easier to get to paper filter? I plan on doing that when I get my next CVT fluid change done @ 70k miles. Im at 50k right now. And I gotta say, the Mirage CVT7 seems to get less jerky and drive smoother after driviing it for an hour straight ridesharing.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I agree, as well it's gonna be more beneficial to drop the pan and get a little more fluid out at once rather than just dropping the drain plug. It'll give you a better idea as to what's going on in there as well.
    4 chan meme! Yessssssss. lol
    Although if you go on 4chan auto catalog board they pretty much murder the Mirage.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrNuff View Post
    COWBOYS indeed. Yep I may have a story or two about parts from 18 wheelers flying beneath my car while making a pass in PASSING lane. Thankfully my oil pan is still beneath my car!!
    I think all the Mirages in the south have loud AC compressors. We just notice it more because we push it more. Someone in England or Washington wont notice it like we do if they even use the AC.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    FYI, I added a leaderboard to post #1 of this thread.

It shows the top 4 cars, currently (hopefully I didn't miss anybody).

Must be past 400k now, eh?
    Could you post the high mileage leaders of CVT owners on here?

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How much is that at the dealership? To change the easier to get to paper filter? I plan on doing that when I get my next CVT fluid change done @ 70k miles. Im at 50k right now. And I gotta say, the Mirage CVT7 seems to get less jerky and drive smoother after driviing it for an hour straight ridesharing.
    In Russia we are change paper oil filter on 40k km usually, or it's 25k miles. Sometimes on 60k km.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage M 1.0 automatic: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
    In Russia we are change paper oil filter on 40k km usually, or it's 25k miles. Sometimes on 60k km.
    Wow, thats alot of fresh of paper filters. You'll probably get 400k kms out of your Mirage. Well done.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Wow, thats alot of fresh of paper filters. You'll probably get 400k kms out of your Mirage. Well done.
    I changed the paper filter on 60k km. And he was very dirty.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage M 1.0 automatic: 45.8 mpg (US) ... 19.5 km/L ... 5.1 L/100 km ... 55.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just about to hit 59,900 miles (over 3.5 years). Bumper to bumper done next week. I usually go to the dealer with a list of concerns, but I can't justify the waste of time. The rear passenger window does not go up smoothly under certain weather conditions. It kinda rocks it's way to the top. But only sometimes and it works. The clutch Groans under load (like driving very slow on gravel or tall grass) , but works fine under normal circumstances.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roscoe1972 View Post
    Just about to hit 59,900 miles (over 3.5 years). Bumper to bumper done next week. I usually go to the dealer with a list of concerns, but I can't justify the waste of time. The rear passenger window does not go up smoothly under certain weather conditions. It kinda rocks it's way to the top. But only sometimes and it works. The clutch Groans under load (like driving very slow on gravel or tall grass) , but works fine under normal circumstances.
    Nice!

1. There's been reports of loose window regulators which might explain what you have going on.

2. Do you suppose a loose exhaust hanger is causing the low-speed groan sound?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    One month for my new 2019 Mirage Hatchback with the Limited Edition package that replaced my 2017 G4 that was totaled in a not my fault accident. 111 miles, we don't travel much! Had 19 when picked up.