Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Poverty Edition Door lock issues

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    No idea, but the wire harnesses in these cars are fully wired. The poverty edition wire harnesses and connectors would be the same as in the fully-equipped model.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I’m still very confused about why someone would remove all the pins from the female end of the door lock actuator connector if they were going to reroute the wires anyway. I think this car probably didn’t come with keyless entry from the start. Also I don’t understand how the Etacs knows when the door has been unlocked. These universal units likely only have 2 wires

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    The poverty edition came with keyless entry as standard. After yours was initially "fixed" before you bought it, the buttons would not have worked any more, so maybe it was thrown out. Explains why there is only one key left.

A universal slave actuator has two wires for its motor. Usually green and blue.
    The universal master actuator has five. Two for the actuator motor (green, blue), three for the position-sensor, being locked (brown) / unlocked (white) / ground = (black) = centre pin of switch.

The Mitsubishi electronics gets its info through the actuator connector on a not screwed-up car.

I don't know the details of exactly how it was converted on your car, but have good look and you should see.
    Why it was "fixed" is a question about the IQ or mental sanity and technical understanding of the clown who did it.

Maybe you could download an installation guide for a universal locking system for understanding. Then you could more easily recognise what was done.
    Last edited by foama; 06-05-2021 at 10:48 AM.

Germany and Canada cars are/were optioned differently. As far as I know you do not have keyless entry on a 2015 Canada market Mirage unless you have Bluetooth/radio controls on the steering wheel.

That lock actuator is aftermarket. The factory power door lock is inside the actual door latch mechanism itself. Not an external actuator .

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-06-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    The poverty edition came with keyless entry as standard. After yours was initially "fixed" before you bought it, the buttons would not have worked any more, so maybe it was thrown out. Explains why there is only one key left.
    That's not true! Base model Mirages in Canada don't come with items like keyless entry, power window for the rear doors, or A/C.

Owner's manual shows some models with keys without buttons, but those cars are only found in the Canada. All the models in the States come with keyless entry, but not in Canada.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My 2014 Mirage ES hatch is the bare bones version. From new my car came with 2 keys, one with silver embellishment, the other with none. That's the spare key. So I wonder if mohammad's Mirage came with some sort of auto lock thing that my own car doesn't have. And the other key he never got type of deal. I dunno could be left field, and coming from me.. well.

I have to go around and lock each car door manually, the front two doors can be locked from the inside or the outside (using my key) and my back doors from the inside only. Hatch 5th door can be locked/unlocked form the outside, and not locked from the inside.

No power lock button on my armrest.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-06-2021)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    No keyless entry on Canadian cars was new for me!

My poverty "stripped naked" European 2014 model has only one external lock. The driver door being the only one you can put a key in. If I lock it, all doors including the trunk are locked. If the drivers door is unlocked, all other doors including the trunk are unlocked.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-05-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Dspace9 does your mirage have a keyhole on both passenger and driver doors like mine or only on the drivers side door like foma?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-05-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    No keyless entry on Canadian cars was new for me!

My poverty "stripped naked" European 2014 model has only one external lock. The driver door being the only one you can put a key in. If I lock it, all doors including the trunk are locked. If the drivers door is unlocked, all other doors including the trunk are unlocked.
    Foma your car is definitely different than mine, I have 3 external keyholes: drivers front, passenger front and the rear hatch just like dspace9. I think as fummins pointed out the entire power door lock system on my car is probably after market as the rear hatch has never been apart of my “central locking system” and the lack of pins in the door lock actuator connector was definitely from the factory. Has anyone ever tried to create a list of differences between Canada/USA/other mirages?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-05-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Dspace9 does your mirage have a keyhole on both passenger and driver doors like mine or only on the drivers side door like foma?
    Mine has a keyhole on both passenger and drivers door, same as yours.

I actually wish I had Foama's setup now. That is convenient.

And the hatchback has a keyhole, edit sorry

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)