Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2015 Poverty Edition Door lock issues

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    You don't have to give up that quick! You could do a simple check.
    If the driver side door actuator (the master actuator with five wires) does not reach its ends of travel in both directions when the door is locked/unlocked, the switch in the actuator will tell the module to lock or unlock all the door actuators.

You could also use the old parts, put the wiring together outside the car, according to diagram, connect a little 9V battery for power, and check the function when you pull or push the nipple of the master actuator. Then you see how it should operate.
    Then look at the car's installed master actuator again, and correct the push-wire that acts on the lock. It must allow the actuator reach either end when locked and unlocked. Otherwise its built-in switches will work against you and either want to lock you out or keep the doors open.

Its all a matter of optimal mechanical adjustment, thats whats really important.

Edit: Beware! These universal push-button door openers can make it very easy for a thief to open the doors! My insurance for example would not pay if a thief stole the car via remote button and then ran over some other person. Also, I would certainly be taken to court for making it easy for a thief to access the car and do evil to others.
    how does unlocking he doors help you steal the car? certainly i could throw a brick through the window and get inside the car, no alarm on my car anyway. Also Honda still uses fixed code remotes for their cars including on push to start & remote start models. you can read more about that here. Also my insurance would never pay if the car was stolen and ran over someone, you can't be held liable for the car thief's actions. My insurance policy specifically only covers accidents where the operator of the vehicle had consentual use of the vehicle from the owner and policy holder.

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    how does unlocking he doors help you steal the car? certainly i could throw a brick through the window and get inside the car, no alarm on my car anyway. Also Honda still uses fixed code remotes for their cars including on push to start & remote start models. you can read more about that here. Also my insurance would never pay if the car was stolen and ran over someone, you can't be held liable for the car thief's actions. My insurance policy specifically only covers accidents where the operator of the vehicle had consentual use of the vehicle from the owner and policy holder.
    I assume he meant that some universal remotes might use a common frequency that could possibly make it relatively easy for someone that knew you had a cheap universal keyless entry setup to gain access to your car. Sounds like paranoia to me.

I swear foama must work for the German Anti-tourism/immigration committee.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (01-04-2022),Top_Fuel (01-04-2022)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I assume he meant that some universal remotes might use a common frequency that could possibly make it relatively easy for someone that knew you had a cheap universal keyless entry setup to gain access to your car. Sounds like paranoia to me.

I swear foama must work for the German Anti-tourism/immigration committee.
    Ha Ha!
    They sell plenty of those cheap chinese aftermarket remote door openers. These have very much in common, not only the frequency range, but also the modulation. If you walk to any supermarket car park with one of those remotes in your hand, chances are you can open a few cars with one single press of a button. If any such car gets stolen, insurance companies here will not cover any damages to others or replace the stolen car. Furthermore, if a thief with your stolen car runs somebody over, you as the owner will be fully liable for assisting manslaughter if you installed something that enabled that theft and the consequences to take place.

Ha Ha!
    They sell plenty of those cheap chinese aftermarket remote door openers. These have very much in common, not only the frequency range, but also the modulation. If you walk to any supermarket car park with one of those remotes in your hand, chances are you can open a few cars with one single press of a button. If any such car gets stolen, insurance companies here will not cover any damages to others or replace the stolen car. Furthermore, if a thief with your stolen car runs somebody over, you as the owner will be fully liable for assisting manslaughter if you installed something that enabled that theft and the consequences to take place.
    Yikes. One more reason to just stay over here where that'd never happen.

I get that you don't want to be responsible for stuff like that happening but wow. Over here you can leave the keys in it and you're still covered if it gets stolen.

I don't think universal remote door locks are that common over here.
    The last handful or so cars I've owned came with factory keyless entry. 94 firebird had it, my 05 dodge does, 06 grand prix, 15 optima, 14 mirage, 14 mirage, 95 grand cherokee, 03 envoy,

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Ha Ha!
    Like Fummins already pointed out, I wouldn't buy/invest stock in aftermarket keyless entry systems for automobiles.

The 2014+ Mirage is consider one of the cheapest pieces of crap car you can buy in America, and all trim levels have keyless entry. It's always been standard equipment for all 2014-22 Mirages in the States.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The 2014+ Mirage is consider one of the cheapest pieces of crap car you can buy in America, and all trim levels have keyless entry. It's always been standard equipment for all 2014-22 Mirages in the States.
    They also have keyless entry over here, but the OEM transmitter/receiver arrangement have individual codes, just like individual keys that only fit where they were intended to.
    This is not like the cheap aftermarket trash where one button opens all other sets they every sold.

There are plenty of cars in the same segment with the Mirage over here. Also quite a few a lot cheaper. They are so bare and barren that they make the Mirage look like a Rolls, BMW or Mercedes in comparison. Deafening noise level inside, louder than outside, no glove box, flimsiest plastic all over, etc, etc.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    They also have keyless entry over here, but the OEM transmitter/receiver arrangement have individual codes, just like individual keys that only fit where they were intended to.
    This is not like the cheap aftermarket trash where one button opens all other sets they every sold.

There are plenty of cars in the same segment with the Mirage over here. Also quite a few a lot cheaper. They are so bare and barren that they make the Mirage look like a Rolls, BMW or Mercedes in comparison. Deafening noise level inside, louder than outside, no glove box, flimsiest plastic all over, etc, etc.
    I am not saying aftermarket units are trash. I am just saying they have become unnecessary in recent years. Features like power windows & power locks with remote entry are expected to be found on even base level models here.

I'm sure if I lived in Europe, I probably wouldn't own a Mirage. I am drawn to the most basic cheap cars one can find that are somewhat dependable & economical. The competition is much tougher there. The competition for a Mirage has been reduced to the Chevy Spark in recent years.

I hate that cars like the Honda Fit & Toyota Yaris have left the US market, too.