Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Poverty Edition Door lock issues

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Obviously higher trims are going to have the more convenient features. Just like how the base model in the USA has forward collision mitigation but we only have that on top trim GT models in Canada.

I think the obvious next question I have is how do I locate the after market door lock actuator control module and have a fob made for it?

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Obviously higher trims are going to have the more convenient features. Just like how the base model in the USA has forward collision mitigation but we only have that on top trim GT models in Canada.

I think the obvious next question I have is how do I locate the after market door lock actuator control module and have a fob made for it?
    Start looking under the dash around the steering column. Look for obviously tapped in wires, follow the trail of zip ties, possibly inline fuese and crappy electrical tape. Who knows, maybe you have a remote start setup? Find the box, get the model and google your way to a fob and instructions.

Just to be clear is your car for sure a base model es? or is it an es Plus? The es-plus has keyless entry and Bluetooth/radio controls on the steering wheel> I don't recall if you ever mentioned that or not.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-06-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Start looking under the dash around the steering column. Look for obviously tapped in wires, follow the trail of zip ties and crappy electrical tape. Who knows, maybe you have a remote start setup? Find the box, get the model and google your way to a fob and instructions.

Just to be clear is your car for sure a base model es? or is it an es Plus? The es-plus has keyless entry and Bluetooth/radio controls on the steering wheel> I don't recall if you ever mentioned that or not.
    I will list features that lead me to believe I’ve got a base model:

I don’t have any steering wheel controls

No Bluetooth

Manual rear windows

No button to unlock doors where window switches are

I don’t think i have heated mirrors but I’m not 100% sure

I do not have air conditioning

It was sold to me as a DE trim level

Also as shown in a previous post photo I uploaded the connector for door lock actuators didn’t have any pins in it so it most likely didn’t have power door locks from the factory.

Edit: don’t get my hopes up for a remote starter fummins
    Last edited by mohammad; 06-05-2021 at 11:32 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post

I don’t have any steering wheel controls

No Bluetooth

Manual rear windows

No button to unlock doors where window switches are

I don’t think i have heated mirrors but I’m not 100% sure

I do not have air conditioning

It was sold to me as a DE trim level

Also as shown in a previous post photo I uploaded the connector for door lock actuators didn’t have any pins in it so it most likely didn’t have power door locks from the factory.

Edit: don’t get my hopes up for a remote starter fummins
    You had me at no power back windows.
    Stranger things have happened. If someone went through the trouble to jerry rig power door lock solenoids in the cheapest car money can buy who know's? lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Update: So i took my dash apart i was unsure what the following thing was: Name:  IMG_1853.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  94.1 KB
    Definitely looks factory, im just curious about what it is?

I also found the power door lock module i was looking for, it was jammed to the left of the ETACS unit. It has no markings on it so any help identifying it would be appreciated. It also has 2 wires cut im not sure what it would be for. It doesnt appear to have a way to program it unless those cut wires are supposed to be for a programming switch. Name:  IMG_1857.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  93.5 KBName:  IMG_1858.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  83.7 KB

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    I can definitely confirm your lock module system is aftermarket!
    These are cheap chinese DIY systems, sold for 2-door and 4-door cars. Usually with one only master cylinder, and nowadays usually with a remote system to open the doors. These remotes are common and simple, so its better not to use those if you don't want somebody stealing the whole car. The master cylinder being the one that controls locking for all doors.
    I have built these modules into many cars. It involves putting the cylinders in the doors, finding a place for the module, and running the wires from the module into the doors and to +12V. and a ground connection.
    They seem to be rather easy to install, but it is a challenge to do it properly so it all works for years to come without needing attention.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    I can definitely confirm your lock module system is aftermarket!
    These are cheap chinese DIY systems, sold for 2-door and 4-door cars. Usually with one only master cylinder. The master cylinder being the one that controls locking for all doors.
    I have built these modules into many cars. It involves putting the cylinders in the doors, finding a place for the module, and running the wires from the module into the doors and to +12V. and a ground connection.
    They seem to be rather easy to install, but it is a challenge to do it properly so it all works for years to come without needing attention.
    Yes i understand the purpose of the module and how it works. I need to know either how to pair a remote with it. or how to buy the exact same unit as i do not want to wire up a new connector.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    These are really cheap kits. They share the same parts, wire harnesses, etc. You can get them for two or four doors, usually with two remotes and only some have the door cylinders. Take a good look before buying because there are differences.
    Here is one example from WeePay:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/332215894152...sAAOSwGOVd3m7M

I would not want to install one of those with a universal remote, because they are usually electronically coded identically, and so it becomes super easy for any thief to open your car. The insurance may see these remotes as an invitation for stealing the car and not pay.
    Last edited by foama; 06-06-2021 at 08:33 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    These are really cheap kits. You can get them for two or four doors, usually with two remote and the door cylinders. Take a good look before buying because there are differences.
    Here is one example from WeePay:

https://www.ebay.de/itm/332215894152...sAAOSwGOVd3m7M

I would not want to use one of those with a universal remote, because the are usually coded the same, and it becomes super easy for any thief to open your car.
    Thanks for the tip, But the wiring of the kit you linked would clearly use a different connector as it has more pins than the module i photographed has wires. If it is in fact a universal kit, which it probably is, is their anyway i could just buy a remote that would work?

I found this on amazon which appears to have a similar wiring connector: https://www.amazon.ca/Biltek-CX-402-...967170&sr=8-10 but its $60 canadian dollars after tax, and i dont really need a whole kit with the 4 actuators, i just want the remotes and maybe the module.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Seems expensive! Maybe something like these? You could pilfer one for parts and leave the harness is it is.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/301894653823...UAAOSwSrNaAqtq

https://www.ebay.de/itm/373597264759...0ee8%7Ciid%3A1

https://www.ebay.de/itm/333938807913...Cclp%3A2334524

https://www.ebay.de/itm/384108597837...cAAOSwFFhggA7X

Last edited by foama; 06-06-2021 at 08:50 AM.