Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Poverty Edition Door lock issues

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I bought the kit i linked on amazon for $60 Cad. I'm suppose to receive it in a week, I'll let you guys know what happens.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post

It was sold to me as a DE trim level
    Seller was clueless - Canada has never had the DE trim. ES and SE in 2014/15. They must have tried to figure it out on a U.S. website.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-06-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Sometimes it's better to leave your car stock, rather than start modifying stuff. For the next guy. I just wish I had Foama's key system, why the heck wouldn't they include that on my Canadian ES? "DE" is oftentimes the cheapo trim for a lot of brands. I even heard Toyota has a Corolla Cross now.. I can't keep up with it.

Intentionally obtuse. Actually now a cross will end up meaning a small CUV car..

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Sometimes it's better to leave your car stock, rather than start modifying stuff. For the next guy. I just wish I had Foama's key system, why the heck wouldn't they include that on my Canadian ES? "DE" is oftentimes the cheapo trim for a lot of brands. I even heard Toyota has a Corolla Cross now.. I can't keep up with it.

Intentionally obtuse. Actually now a cross will end up meaning a small CUV car..
    These OEM door lock actuators are like 300 a piece online, plus the cost of the wireless remote(s) and the additional buttons near the window switches. It would obviously raise the cost of the vehicle significantly, and begin to close the gap in price and features between our model and the higher trim levels. The kit I bought was $60 on amazon, you can always try and wire it up yourself in the same place you see it is on my car, doesn't look very complicated to install for a patient person.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    These OEM door lock actuators are like 300 a piece online, plus the cost of the wireless remote(s) and the additional buttons near the window switches. It would obviously raise the cost of the vehicle significantly, and begin to close the gap in price and features between our model and the higher trim levels. The kit I bought was $60 on amazon, you can always try and wire it up yourself in the same place you see it is on my car, doesn't look very complicated to install for a patient person.
    The joy of buying a base level vehicle is not having to buy or replace expensive items like that.

Upper trim levels are for those who can't live without those features.

I am lost?

Base level Mirage in Canada has manual door locks.

Someone added power door locks to your base level Mirage?

You want to take that a step further & add remote entry?

Is that your goal here, you want keyless remote entry regardless of cost?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The joy of buying a base level vehicle is not having to buy or replace expensive items like that.

Upper trim levels are for those who can't live without those features.

I am lost?

Base level Mirage in Canada has manual door locks.

Someone added power door locks to your base level Mirage?

You want to take that a step further & add remote entry?

Is that your goal here, you want keyless remote entry regardless of cost?

My vehicle has an aftermarket keyless entry system already installed by a previous owner but i was never provided a key fob for it. so ive bought a similar looking keyless entry module with remotes with the hopes that i can swap the modules and have keyless entry on my car.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Mark (06-07-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    A universal slave actuator has two wires for its motor. Usually green and blue.
    The universal master actuator has five. Two for the actuator motor (green, blue), three for the position-sensor, being locked (brown) / unlocked (white) / ground = (black) = centre pin of switch.
    Thanks foama, my new control module came in, it had the same problem where the system would continuously try to lock the doors. So i cut the brown and white wires at the module end of the system and now i have no issues and my new remotes lock and unlock my doors. But of course now by manually locking/unlocking the drivers door all doors are not locked/unlocked. Still very convenient.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-17-2021)

Glad you sorted it out. THANKS for the thread update.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Thanks foama, my new control module came in, it had the same problem where the system would continuously try to lock the doors. So i cut the brown and white wires at the module end of the system and now i have no issues and my new remotes lock and unlock my doors. But of course now by manually locking/unlocking the drivers door all doors are not locked/unlocked. Still very convenient.
    You don't have to give up that quick! You could do a simple check.
    If the driver side door actuator (the master actuator with five wires) does not reach its ends of travel in both directions when the door is locked/unlocked, the switch in the actuator will tell the module to lock or unlock all the door actuators.

You could also use the old parts, put the wiring together outside the car, according to diagram, connect a little 9V battery for power, and check the function when you pull or push the nipple of the master actuator. Then you see how it should operate.
    Then look at the car's installed master actuator again, and correct the push-wire that acts on the lock. It must allow the actuator reach either end when locked and unlocked. Otherwise its built-in switches will work against you and either want to lock you out or keep the doors open.

Its all a matter of optimal mechanical adjustment, thats whats really important.

Edit: Beware! These universal push-button door openers can make it very easy for a thief to open the doors! My insurance for example would not pay if a thief stole the car via remote button and then ran over some other person. Also, I would certainly be taken to court for making it easy for a thief to access the car and do evil to others.
    Last edited by foama; 06-17-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    If your new remotes work, that's awesome! I sort of make it a habit to only lock my Mirage that way, because it helps prevent locking the keys in the car.