Thread: Mitsubishi Mirage GT 2019 Help

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mitsubishi Mirage GT 2019 Help

Hello, new user here. First car that I bought was the Mitsubishi Mirage GT 2019. Mitsubishi Mirage GT 2019. I was wondering what modifications are possible to increase everything and anything from hp, acceleration, speed, etc. I am extremely underbudgeted, the lowest but reliable would be awesome. any help would be awesome because I am a car noob and want to know since I’m finally a car owner. Thank you!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by josegpacheco View Post
    Hello, new user here. First car that I bought was the Mitsubishi Mirage GT 2019. Mitsubishi Mirage GT 2019. I was wondering what modifications are possible to increase everything and anything from hp, acceleration, speed, etc.
    Want more hp, acceleration, & speed? I would buy a 128-130 hp Honda Fit.

I hope you enjoy your Mirage! They are great little cars!

Welcome to the forum!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-08-2021)

What mark said. If you wanna be Ricky Bobby then you bought the wrong car. Do yourself a favor and just leave it and drive it. This probably isn’t the answer you’re looking for but it’s reality.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-08-2021),Mark (06-09-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by josegpacheco View Post
    Hello, new user here. First car that I bought was the Mitsubishi Mirage GT 2019. Mitsubishi Mirage GT 2019. I was wondering what modifications are possible to increase everything and anything from hp, acceleration, speed, etc. I am extremely underbudgeted, the lowest but reliable would be awesome. any help would be awesome because I am a car noob and want to know since I’m finally a car owner. Thank you!
    Hello josegpacheco and welcome to the forum.

The Mirage is designed as an economy car - cheap to purchase, cheap to operate. It's performance lies in saving you money. Performance modifications don't fit the traditional go faster mindset - this Mirage really shines in saving your money for more important goals because any money you throw at a car is money thrown away.

There's not many power improvements to be found for this car. It's built around a three-cylinder engine and that's about all the room it has. Has anyone successfully put a four-cylinder in this car? Maybe someone else around here can answer that one.

So if going fast is your goal, the Mirage isn't the platform. But it can allow you to save your money for those other projects, maybe even something that will pay you back. If being under a budget is a restriction, and reliability is another, leave the Mirage alone - do the regular maintenance to it including the CVT service, don't thrash it and your Mirage can last for a long time. There's a story around here of a CVT Mirage lasting over 400,000 miles.

Sorry if it's not the answer you were looking for.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Mark (06-09-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    And remember, It's always more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow... Just saying...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-09-2021),Mark (06-09-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    Jose - What you purchased was a vehicle with tremendous value. Not tremendous performance.

Respect to you for becoming a car owner. I am suggesting the following: Download the fuelly app. Enter all your vehicle's information, including your purchase cost and insurance cost. Include everything. Then do your best to spend as little on your vehicle as you can, including fuel (which is among the least expensive vehicles to fuel out there).

Watch and track your costs in the fuelly app. You may be surprised how much money it costs just to keep it rolling. Even though it is one of the least expensive vehicles to own and maintain.

The enjoyment you can achieve from the car could be how little money you spend on the car compared to all other car owners you know. I'm enjoying that myself. I'm trying to spend as little as possible. The money you don't spend on the car could be used elsewhere. Like, for instance, on blackjack ... and hookers (just a joke from Bender on Futurama).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

I like to beat dead horses too! I used to wonder why they put a "GT" badge on a Mirage. Wonder no more.

They have a spoiler to help with fuel economy not keep the car planted at 150mph lol.

Buy's new car to go fast. Buys slow car. I've been there, so have Mustang owners.

One of the funniest feelings is thinking you're fast then being smoked by a minivan with a family of 5 inside.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I like to beat dead horses too! I used to wonder why they put a "GT" badge on a Mirage. Wonder no more.

They have a spoiler to help with fuel economy not keep the car planted at 150mph lol.

Buy's new car to go fast. Buys slow car. I've been there, so have Mustang owners.

One of the funniest feelings is thinking you're fast then being smoked by a minivan with a family of 5 inside.
    I sort of look at it like this -

Which is heavier a pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

When I am traveling down the highway, I am going the same speed as everyone else.

I tend to go about 5 mph over the speed limit & not much more than that. I am a driving instructor, & I recently got my class A, B, C CDL (commercial driving license). I have never received a ticket, & I would like to keep it that way. The fine ($$$) would not be my concern.

Having said that, I pass some people on the highway & some pass me.

So which is faster - A Mirage going 65 mph or a Mustang going 65 mph?

I don't feel lost in the dust when leaving a stoplight, but that's with the 5-speed & I am not loaded up with people in my car. Does a Mirage have to work a little harder entering a highway from a ramp? Yes it does, but I am usually going the same speed as everyone else when I enter. It's just more fun/challenging with a Mirage!