Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ford will sell a ton of these I bet!

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post

The base one with 2k towing will be enough for many, even macho guys with big lifted 1/2 tons. Most I see them tow is a 16-18' aluminum boat usually lol
    I agree Attachment 21336
    One of the craziest things I witnessed was a guy with an F150 pulling a 26'(ish) fifth wheel and a 14' quad trailer behind that.

Last edited by Fummins; 06-09-2021 at 01:45 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I agree Attachment 21336
    One of the craziest things I witnessed was a guy with an F150 pulling a 26'(ish) fifth wheel and a 14' quad trailer behind that.
    Lmao that would be a perfect mirage trailer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 998 Posts
    I think the Mirage can do more than that. I think it would pull my 5 x 10 no problem. Just don't want to load it down with 2 tons of bricks or something like that. I haul sticks and yard debris away occasionally on that trailer, and I don't believe the Mirage would have an issue doing that. And when I haul away sticks, limbs, etc, the trailer is stacked 6 to 8 feet tall, and I throw a couple straps across it and pull it down tight.

Even at that, I don't believe I have more than 1,000 lbs of yard debris and I still think the Mirage would do it. Course I don't haul it very far, so I guess I take that into account when I make these speculations.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Man loose the back doors and give me a fullsize bed. This is so close to being a perfect entry work truck. I dont get 4 doors trucks. If im just driving around I rather be in anything other than a truck.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clessy For This Useful Post:

strawboss (06-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
    Man loose the back doors and give me a fullsize bed. This is so close to being a perfect entry work truck. I dont get 4 doors trucks. If im just driving around I rather be in anything other than a truck.
    I agree with you. If a small truck has 4 doors and a very short box, I would rather own SUV & use it to pull my trailer.

Having said that, I think these trucks will sell because of the low price & claimed fuel economy. I wish they offered the old style regular cab Ford Ranger instead.

Those who are really interested in or needing a truck aren't going to buy a Maverick. A Maverick will draw some SUV buyers, because of its low price & claimed mpg rating. How we used a truck on the farm growing up, the Maverick would be considered a useless vehicle. Most trucks these days aren't on farms. It's a city truck!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I agree with you. If a small truck has 4 doors and a very short box, I would rather own SUV & use it to pull my trailer.

Having said that, I think these trucks will sell because of the low price & claimed fuel economy. I wish they offered the old style regular cab Ford Ranger instead.

Those who are really interested in or needing a truck aren't going to buy a Maverick. A Maverick will draw some SUV buyers, because of its low price & claimed mpg rating. How we used a truck on the farm growing up, the Maverick would be considered a useless vehicle. Most trucks these days aren't on farms. It's a city truck!
    I mean i live in an effin city. I literally get as much cargo room in that truck as throwing **** into the back of my eclipses hatch. Even basic stuff like hauling stuff to the dump that weights nothing becomes a task and half with such a small bed. Best case scenario I have to cut everything in half or smaller and stack it in the bed. Makes the truck totally a pita to use and therefore useless.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Four door trucks are for working families that can only afford a single vehicle and therefore need it to do everything.

This will indeed sell a lot, but not because it's groundbreaking or practical. More so because it's cheap way to get an AMERICAN TRUCK. And there's a non-negligible portion of guys (and gals) whose main reason for owning a truck is daily self-reaffirmation, practicality or actual vehicular requirements be damned.

And that's totally fine.

My 4door truck is only really used to haul around our camper and quads/side by sides. We have 2 other vehicles to use as commuters.

I'd consider a base model Maverick one day. Used of course. It'd be nice to have a cheap on fuel commuter that you could stop by the homeless depot and pick up some lumber or drywall without having to go get the truck out of storage in the middle of winter. I'd still keep my other truck to haul this turd around.
    Must see if car fits inside trailer.......for daily self-reaffirmation Attachment 21411

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    My 4door truck is only really used to haul around our camper and quads/side by sides. We have 2 other vehicles to use as commuters.

I'd consider a base model Maverick one day. Used of course. It'd be nice to have a cheap on fuel commuter that you could stop by the homeless depot and pick up some lumber or drywall without having to go get the truck out of storage in the middle of winter. I'd still keep my other truck to haul this turd around.
    Must see if car fits inside trailer.......for daily self-reaffirmation
    Not sure how much drywall would fit in the bed of a Maverick, lol. Maybe if you cut them in half in the parking lot? Now that'd be a sight to see!

Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Not sure how much drywall would fit in the bed of a Maverick, lol. Maybe if you cut them in half in the parking lot? Now that'd be a sight to see!
    Damn near as much as an eclipse hatchback lmao https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/pictur...e-cargo-box/3/ It's obviously with the gate partially down but hey, it's doable. I'm too confuser dumb to paste the picture here for some reason.