Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ford will sell a ton of these I bet!

Has anyone commenting watched any videos or read articles about the thing or just look at a picture? That's usually what I do but for once I didn't.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I get the reason why manufacturers like unibody construction but IMHO anything that doesn't have a body on frame shouldn't be called a truck. Honda has one of these already and I just think of it as a SUV with a small back porch...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES Plus 1.2 automatic: 37.9 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to strawboss For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strawboss View Post
    I get the reason why manufacturers like unibody construction but IMHO anything that doesn't have a body on frame shouldn't be called a truck. Honda has one of these already and I just think of it as a SUV with a small back porch...
    Honda Ridgeline has been around for 16 years, and they are bit more substantial. But I agree the Ford Maverick & Hyundai Santa Cruz are just SUVs with a small box in back.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-news/for...omparison.html

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    My 4door truck is only really used to haul around our camper and quads/side by sides. We have 2 other vehicles to use as commuters.
    Fummins - Up to this point, until the picture in your reply, I had always pictured your home being very much like the homestead that Walter White holed up in when he called the vacuum guy. And even though in reality you seem to live in a nice neighborhood ... where's the snow? I didn't think the snow melted that far north...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Fummins - Up to this point, until the picture in your reply, I had always pictured your home being very much like the homestead that Walter White holed up in when he called the vacuum guy. And even though in reality you seem to live in a nice neighborhood ... where's the snow? I didn't think the snow melted that far north...
    Lmao, that's soo sweet! Took a while but slowly moved up the ladder. Got me decent 5 bedroom house in a super quiet neighborhood. Snow can **** off for a few months. It's gonna be a scorcher here for the next 5 days. Hitting 40c(104f) here soon. So glad I have central ac, now I can keep the house cool for when we come home from holidays!

I picture yours looking like this shack Attachment 21414

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Naaaaaw. Mine is a lot like yours.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I forget the name of those things you can get for your pickup truck.

Not a camper, but the "cover" thing, enclosed box, that makes your truck an enclosed station wagon. Anyway if you had one of those on the Ford Maverick FWD, that would be kinda handy and practical. I just don't see the appeal of having a box full of stuff that can get wet. I don't really own anything that can get wet, besides my car and my house. I keep my tools inside my shed and on my peg board. My vice may get the odd drip on it because my shed shop is in bad shape. Has hydro though. Like Bubbles' shed on TV without the cat hotel.

I bought a small and cheap Danby deep freezer a while back, box could only fit in my Mirage sideways, and now the gases are all screwed up. So if I had a Ford Maverick I would not have had this issue.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I forget the name of those things you can get for your pickup truck.

Not a camper, but the "cover" thing, enclosed box, that makes your truck an enclosed station wagon. Anyway if you had one of those on the Ford Maverick FWD, that would be kinda handy and practical. I just don't see the appeal of having a box full of stuff that can get wet. I don't really own anything that can get wet, besides my car and my house.

I bought a small and cheap Danby deep freezer a while back, box could only fit in my Mirage sideways, and now the gases are all screwed up. So if I had a Ford Maverick I would not have had this issue.
    Either a canopy or a tonneau cover? I'm thinking of getting one for mine now that I don't have a 7' tall side by side riding around in the back of my truck.

I only put stuff in the back of my truck that can get wet and I don't want to haul in a car or trailer. Propane tanks, gas cans, lawn chairs, bbq, ladder, plastic totes with latching lids etc...You know, things that most people own. It's very appealing.

Doncha know that after moving a fridge you gotta let it sit for a while before plugging it in if it's been moved and not left upright.

https://www.beko.com/bn-en/support/f...en-moving-home

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-25-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My minivan will hold way more than the Maverick with a cap on it. Doesn't get 40mpg though but also holds way more ppl and stuff.