Thread: Please help.. AC Clutch

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Please help.. AC Clutch

Hello all…I have a 2017 Mirage SE Automatic.. my AC Clutch needs to be replaced but my compressor works fine. Mitsubishi wants 650 for the ac clutch alone. I’m finding compressors and clutches on eBay for $300.. Will a 2014-2015 fit the 2017?

Look on car-part.com There is one in NY for $95 and some a nearby for $128 in CT http://recycler.car-part.com/Dings/

I believe the compressors are the same 14-19. I didn't look it up though. Check out a Mitsubishi parts site yourself and compare part numbers to be sure.

The Car-part interchange for Mitsubishi's is pretty sketchy at best.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    According to mitsubishipartsdirect.com, the parts are the same regardless of the year...

Name:  ac_compressor.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  73.7 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-08-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Not really sure Mitsubishi's rationale for charging so much for parts? Do they cost this much in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Not really sure Mitsubishi's rationale for charging so much for parts? Do they cost this much in Thailand?
    Price out a brake job for a 20 year old small cab over hino. Looking close to 10k for drums, wheel cylinders and shoes all around(and dealer labour). And nobody makes aftermarket parts so you're stuck with the dealer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-08-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Price out a brake job for a 20 year old small cab over hino. Looking close to 10k for drums, wheel cylinders and shoes all around(and dealer labour). And nobody makes aftermarket parts so you're stuck with the dealer.
    I hear ya, I just wonder what is going thru the exec's heads when they make a cheap econobox and then charge Mercedes prices for parts. I mean the whole point of owning a $hitbox is low cost of maintenance and Mitsu killed that with the Mirage.