Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Phoenix Member on Turo?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Any Phoenix Member on Turo?

I live in Phoenix Az. and I am looking to rent a Mirage. The newer the better as I am looking to buy a new 2021 or if there is an unsold 2020, I would get that. If you live here and your is( on Turo, Let me know and I will rent yours (thought I'd try to help a fellow member out while I do my research). If yours is on there, Let me know!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Mirage owners tend to be simple, good hearted folk, like Hobbits. I'm sure if you just spotted an owner in a parking lot they'd let you give it a spin. Unless of course the owner is on the opposite end of the spectrum and shoots you because he thought you were a Orc trying to steal his magic blue crystal. All kidding aside, have you tried a test drive from a dealer or used car lot?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    All kidding aside, have you tried a test drive from a dealer or used car lot?
    No, but more interested in a 100 mile run rather than going on a predefined route. I have had my current car for 15 years and 250k miles. If I am gonna spend that kind of time with something, I wanna be sure.

I bought my Harley without riding it and though I have had it for more than 20 years, I would have chosen a different bike.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Phoenix is the car theft capital of America, just get with the program. Find a dealer with a loaner mirage and tell them you need to use it for the day to know for sure and drive it 100mi

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Phoenix is the car theft capital of America,
    Phoenix is 97 on a list of car-theft cities... Hardly the capital of America.
    https://www.insurance.com/auto-insur...ar-thefts.html

And I am not sure what that has to do with anything. I am not a thief and even if I were, I wish to rent the car through Turo, where we are both protected.

And the reason I am not yet going to a dealer is a negotiating tactic. I am paying cash for this purchase, but don't want a dealer to know that right now.

Anyway, I have my reasons for wanting to do this. Rather than judging me, allow those that wish to, respond to my post. Are you really okay with calling someone you do not know on the internet a thief, or at least implying that?

Here's one https://turo.com/ca/en/car-rental/un...rchId=ivgbA7z1
    It's a cvt model, not sure if you're into that kinda thing.

PS>..Don't get so offended. I didn't see anyone call you a thief lol. It's all perception.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Pryme (06-09-2021),wanna beco (06-08-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Not sure if these are widely available but a couple of rental car companies in the US used to rent Mirages as their cheap option...

Name:  rental.jpg
Views: 439
Size:  78.6 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Not sure if these are widely available but a couple of rental car companies in the US used to rent Mirages
    LOL, too funny... I have one rented through enterprise this Thursday. I hope they don't try to "upgrade" me. I called them and confirmed they specifically have one available, but then booked through Costco (gotta get them points). They always upgrade me when I rent there... Usually that is a good thing, but not this time.

BTW, having used Costco rentals and Turo for several trips... if you are doing a short term long distance drive (wife and I are going to flagstaff for the day) Costco can be quite the bargain.

The trip through Costco/enterprise is $67 dollars. When I called enterprise direct it was much more. When I went through the rental on TURO (for a different car than the one fummins suggested because that one has a 2-day minimum and not available for the dates I selected) The one-day rental was 68 bucks. The rental was only 35 for the day (100 mile restriction) but then Turo added a new fee called a Trip fee. The trip fee was 15 plus taxes etc. I have rented 4 times with them before and they had not had this fee prior. And the renter does not get any of that trip fee.

Anyway... I have the one car booked.. but will be looking at renting a manual after this one. Again if you are a forum member I was just trying to help out a fellow mirage forum member. If ya have one on Turo, let me know!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wanna beco View Post
    Anyway... I have the one car booked.. but will be looking at renting a manual after this one. Again if you are a forum member I was just trying to help out a fellow mirage forum member. If ya have one on Turo, let me know!
    You're going to want a manual if you like to row your own gears. Better mpg's, better power delivery (believe me you need every hp you can get to the wheels) and generally much more reliable long term than the CVT. If you keep your vehicles for a long period of time than a manual transmission Mirage is a no brainer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Or if you plan to keep a Mirage for a long time get a cvt lol. Get whatever you want, spin the wheel and hope it lasts for as long as you want it to.

I talked to a guy that rents Tesla's on Turo the other day. He's got some regular clients and often skips the dealing with Turo part for certain people he trust's. So far so good.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)