Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Phoenix Member on Turo?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wanna beco View Post
    ...I have one rented through enterprise this Thursday. I hope they don't try to "upgrade" me.
    Hopefully they will have one. I intentionally reserve the cheapest sub-compact they have on their website...because they almost never have one available when I show up at the airport. So they end up giving me some mid-size SUV for the same price.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Mirage owners tend to be simple, good hearted folk, like Hobbits. I'm sure if you just spotted an owner in a parking lot they'd let you give it a spin. Unless of course the owner is on the opposite end of the spectrum and shoots you because he thought you were a Orc trying to steal his magic blue crystal. All kidding aside, have you tried a test drive from a dealer or used car lot?
    POTD (Post of the Day) particularly because of the reference of Mirage owners on a 'spectrum' haha. But were guns used in the Hobbit stories? I forget. Maybe that glowing blue Orc sword - Sting was it called??

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    POTD (Post of the Day) particularly because of the reference of Mirage owners on a 'spectrum' haha. But were guns used in the Hobbit stories? I forget. Maybe that glowing blue Orc sword - Sting was it called??
    Coming from a bowhunter - no guns, but many arrows were shot on the "Lord of the Rings" series.

Every arrow Legolas shot in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDcg2YOddc8

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    It was an Elvish dagger made during the 1st age. It just looks like a sword in a Hobbit's hands.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Coming from a bowhunter - no guns, but many arrows were shot on the "Lord of the Rings" series.

Every arrow Legolas shot in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDcg2YOddc8
    Legolas was unmatched in bow fighting IMO. Probably the best human archer was Bard the Bowman who took out Smaug the Fire Drake with a lucky shot. In real history, skeletons dug up in England from the 15th century, showed the right arm bones more dense from repeated practice using the heavy English longbow. The Battle of Agincourt pretty much signaled the decline of up close fighting with horse and armor for projectiles.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Okay, back on track. I really would like someone with a manual to rent me their car from Turo. There is not a manual in my area that I can find. If you have either a hatch or a g4 I'd really like to rent it. (if you have a manual) Picking up my enterprise rental in the morning. I will let ya know what I think in a day or two. Thanks guys!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, enterprise screwed me. I called before heading over there and they said the mirage could not go out because of safety reasons. Apparently, it had a busted windshield (right). I have another rented on turo for Monday, but it has a 200-mile restriction so I won't be able to go to flagstaff. And it is an auto.... and it's 2019. Is there a difference in the interiors in the 2019 and 2020 models?

Enterprise offered me a spark. I should have taken it for the comparison.. I might do that at a later date.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wanna beco View Post
    Well, enterprise screwed me. I called before heading over there and they said the mirage could not go out because of safety reasons. Apparently, it had a busted windshield (right). I have another rented on turo for Monday, but it has a 200-mile restriction so I won't be able to go to flagstaff. And it is an auto.... and it's 2019. Is there a difference in the interiors in the 2019 and 2020 models?

Enterprise offered me a spark. I should have taken it for the comparison.. I might do that at a later date.
    Cruise control & 6-way adjustable driver's seat become standard on all trim levels in 2019. Thus, the only difference would be automatic climate controls verse manual climate controls. A 2019 ES & LE would have A/C, but with manual controls. 2019 SE & GT would have the auto controls. All 2020 Mirages have auto climate controls. That was the only change in 2020 that I can think of.

A 2017-2020 SE & GT didn't have any changes over that time period. All the changes impacted the ES &/or LE models only.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

wanna beco (06-10-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So I went on my run in the rented mirage. The 2019 with a cvt. I am still looking for someone with a manual, so if you have one, put it up on turo and let me know.

I was only able to get 33 MPG. I was kind of shocked at that. That is actual mileage as I filled up when I picked it up (took 87 cents!) and then again before I returned it. That was about 120 miles on the freeway and about 50 in town. Would also like to get into a g4 to compare the interiors so if you have one on turo... Let me know!!!

Neat. Not a lot to go on there. Dirk doesn't get the greatest mileage but is in hotlanta where traffic seems more insane than where I'm at. I can usually get 40mpg to a tank without trying very hard. Ac seems to be a huge power killer on my car.

I can get under 30 mpg if I idle mine a lot and floor it everywhere, traffic is stop and go and I go over 65mph fairly often.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)