Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US $9.51 per gallon!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    . I think what Foama is trying to say is, the way out of a global warming and a habit of burning fossil fuels is, you don't make the cigarettes any cheaper for the smoker.
    I get all that, but it didn't answer my question. I sort of knew it was 2021.

If someone buys a gallon of gas in the United States, they are paying 18.4 cents Federal tax. Individual state taxes varies more. Average is 30.6 cents. Whether I am paying $2/gallon or $5/gallon does not change the tax amount.

A relative of mine recently shared, it was $600 to fill his semi-truck a few months ago. Now, it's $1000. That added cost eventually gets passed on to all of us.

I guess a person can google the answer to their own questions -

"The average excise duty on gas is €0.55 per liter ($2.35 per gallon) in the European Union (including the UK), and €0.45 per liter ($1.90 per gallon) on diesel."

Germany's gas tax is $2.76/gallon. $1.99/gallon for diesel. - using a January 2020 figure.

I paid $2.779/gallon for gas yesterday. In Germany, that would have covered the tax & not much more.

In all honesty, I didn't know our federal tax on gas hasn't changed since 1993.

Last edited by Mark; 06-13-2021 at 10:02 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-13-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post

Btw, my electricity bill says 27 Euro cents (32.7 cent US) per every single kW/h, whereby 18 cents of that bill is compulsory surcharges and subsidies of various sorts for the grid, non-fossil energy, such as wind, hydro, photovoltaic, etc etc.
    Sorry Mark I wanted to show foama the price of my electricity, it's much cheaper in Canada.

Off peak is about 8c per kW/h and on peak is 17c per kW/h, so about 55% more money on peak than off peak. I run my dishwasher and other appliances off peak or try to. I'm not sure what the 1 or 5 or 10 year price average is on electricity in Canada, Delivery is like $43.41 of the total $73 monthly bill. When I moved here in 2013 I paid about $55, the same as in my old 1 bedroom with +hydro.

Living in the country helps with shade and leafy backyards, and my south-facing house.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

foama (06-14-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Land here in NY was once covered by ice, then water, now useable land. These changes occured way before the 19th century Industrial Revolution. The Ice age was 20000 years ago! No one was driving around or adding machine c02 to the enviorment.

Fummins would love to have a manual transmission 12 valve cummins with a real jake brake!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DottandDolores For This Useful Post:

Pryme (06-14-2021),twister77 (06-14-2021)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    I think what Foama is trying to say is, the way out of a global warming and a habit of burning fossil fuels is, you don't make the cigarettes any cheaper for the smoker. .... But why does Germany still burn so much coal?

They had nothing but coal for energy and for jobs in the former communist east which is where coal is burnt.

The official coal exit date was 2050, then redefined as 2038, and now 2030 is all over the news. The recent G7 summit in Cornwall concluded by exiting fossil fuels and G7 states becoming carbon-free by 2035, USA included. Anything causing carbon emissions in these parts is being heavily taxed with rates and plus surcharges skyrocketing year for year.
    The intent is to force everbody and every organization to become carbon-free asap or bust.
    Thats why in 2021 we have triple glazing, why best thermal house insulation is compulsory by law, every roof repaired or built must include photovoltaic, and cars like the Mirage and skinney tyres are normal.
    For those whom that is news, welcome to 2021!
    Last edited by foama; 06-14-2021 at 02:40 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-14-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All should walk, bike, shut all utilities and eat grass. We are down for the challenge. The most vocal eco on our street get multiple deliveries daily usps, ups, fedex, amazon, grocery, and take out. They idle excessively and drive some of the least mpg vehicles.

You should see how these people act when the power or internet goes down they literally freakout and can't handle it. The same eco people don't garden or plant. They are so lazy and have no self sufficient skills. 2 inches of snow they cant shovel correctly. Zero adapt and survival.skills. They feel chic rolling the blue bin full of amazon boxes weekly to the curb as the city led light pole lights the way and shines there political signs of eco politicians that most likely waste more energy in one day then everyone combined on this forum.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DottandDolores For This Useful Post:

Casey (06-16-2021),Fummins (06-14-2021),Pryme (06-14-2021),twister77 (06-14-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Car 54, er, MetroMPG where are you?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-14-2021)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DottandDolores View Post
    All should walk, bike, shut all utilities and eat grass. We are down for the challenge. The most vocal eco on our street get multiple deliveries daily usps, ups, fedex, amazon, grocery, and take out. They idle excessively and drive some of the least mpg vehicles.

You should see how these people act when the power or internet goes down they literally freakout and can't handle it. The same eco people don't garden or plant. They are so lazy and have no self sufficient skills. 2 inches of snow they cant shovel correctly. Zero adapt and survival.skills. They feel chic rolling the blue bin full of amazon boxes weekly to the curb as the city led light pole lights the way and shines there political signs of eco politicians that most likely waste more energy in one day then everyone combined on this forum.
    It may sure seem like that, but witless goofs are a minority.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Car 54, er, MetroMPG where are you?
    Geesh people get offended so fast, this is the Mitsubishi Mirage forum, where fuel economy etc is fair game.

You're not gonna get a Cheeseburger eating crowd on a website about vegetarianism, so why are people fluttering their wings in panick?

Something super ironic that fuel savings, moving to electric tech (with its own pitfalls with mining damages) is somehow the taboo trigger for so many on this site. Right, Metro MPG?!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Geesh people get offended so fast,
    Name:  wat-army.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  54.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Honestly don't care how anyone lives at the same time I don't wanna be told how to live either. These fake eco peeps drop propaganda throughout the neighborhood and the way they want you to live is not the way they live. Like our trusty fuel efficient Mirages I don't go up and down the street hanging flyers about how great the Mirage is. Life's short who knows what's beyond live it your way and let the Mirage take you safely and efficiently to your next destination. Unless you have that 12v cummins like Fummins!