Thread: Window Tinting

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Window Tinting

Hi y'all,

Just wondering if any of you tinted your window, how much it cost, and if you're happy with it Thinking about getting mine done, mostly to reduce summer heat and not privacy (legal tint here is 70%). However, not sure I wanna drop $250 on an economy car lol. It has scratches and dings so not like a new perfect car...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by newtomit View Post
    Hi y'all,

Just wondering if any of you tinted your window, how much it cost, and if you're happy with it Thinking about getting mine done, mostly to reduce summer heat and not privacy (legal tint here is 70%). However, not sure I wanna drop $250 on an economy car lol. It has scratches and dings so not like a new perfect car...
    Not in my Mirage but I did have the front windows done to match the dark tint on the rear windows of my Outlander Sport. Cost me $110 for the front two windows. I am running 40% tint (which is what the rear window and hatch window are in the OS) and that's about as dark as I would want to go for night time driving. I'd go 70% on the rear doors and the rear hatch window but the front two windows I don't think that anything over about 50% would be very safe at night. Even at 40% I have to take a extra second or two to evaluate at night.
    Last edited by inuvik; 06-16-2021 at 07:22 PM. Reason: Extra info

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I got tint on all my glass except the front wind shield. I think it was around $250? Can't remember honestly. It's worth it in Hotlanta. I told them to get use the darkest tint with it still being street legal. Night driving forces me to be extra vigilant when changing lanes but it's nothing really. I thought it was a good investment as these cheap cars can go the distance to 200k miles.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Tinted my Mirages all around to the legal limit where I live. Not only does my AC appear to work less, or better, but driving in odd seasons where the sun blinds you because the existing sunvisors don't cut it is now much better. In the long run the couple hundred bucks are worth it.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-16-2021)

We can't tint our front windows in Alberta(legally). The back and rear windows are fine(if you have both side view mirrors). Lots of people tint their fronts.

Seems like the city cops around here won't bother you for tint but smaller Rcmp town coppers will smell your coming a mile away.
    My old Firebird had pretty dark front windows. I only got pulled over once at a checkstop. Earned myself a $100 fine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)