Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone on fuelly?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    I've got 10 to 12 cars that I log on fuelly (for years). One or two may not be active any longer.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Pryme (06-15-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Thanks for stating the obvious differences between a Mirage & a Corolla. Toyota Corolla is a great car!

I drive through the Fox Valley area of Wisconsin quite quite often. I drive everywhere with my Mirage. Twin Cities, Madison, Green Bay, Appleton, Milwaukee, Chicago, trips to Michigan (upper & lower), Minnesota, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, North Dakota. It's not flat where I live, & you are climbing hills pretty much everywhere you go. I am quite impressed that the Mirage gets 40-50 mpg no matter what type of driving I do.

I really like the 3-cylinder charm of the 5-speed Mirage. I don't see myself ever being interested in a sedan, but I have no doubt the Corolla is a wonderful car. I'm sure you'll get 40+ mpg on the highway some day!

Sorry, I like yanking the chain of non-Mirage owners!
    Well sir, so far in this thread the Mirages are averaging 40-41mpg on fuelly so yours is an outlier. What brings you to all of those areas and the fox valley where I am?

Also the corolla rolls on 205/55/16 tires which helps ride and handling tremendously at just a couple mpg hit it seems.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I had a hard time entering fuelly data on an Android phone so just decided to do the fuel log here on the forum.

Does anyone else view the forum fuel log like it's a leaderboard?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Well sir, so far in this thread the Mirages are averaging 40-41mpg on fuelly so yours is an outlier. What brings you to all of those areas and the fox valley where I am?

Also the corolla rolls on 205/55/16 tires which helps ride and handling tremendously at just a couple mpg hit it seems.
    I live in SW Wisconsin, but my parents live north of Green Bay. My dad will be 81 in a couple weeks. I've been making the trip up there more often in recent years, & that takes me through the Fox Valley area quite often.

I will be going to Devils Lake, North Dakota in a couple weeks, too. I do a fishing trip out there with friends. This will be the 4th summer for me. The guides supply the housing, boats, poles, bait, & even clean our fish for us. I call it "lazy man" fishing. I will make that trip with my Mirage again. I can do that, because I am not tugging a boat out there.

I delivered approximately 25 puppies for a friend earlier this year. Most people met me half way, but these trips took me to Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, & Iowa. I drove one puppy to O'Hare, flew to Miami with it, flew back to Chicago, and then drove back home to Wisconsin. I left at 7 am & returned home @ 4 am. the next day.

My oldest daughter lives in Europe. I find myself picking her up and dropping her off @ O'Hare quite often. I like traveling up to Marquette Michigan area. I love the Lake Superior area during the summer months.

I've grown to be content with what I have. I hope it's 10+ years before I even consider buying another vehicle. Vehicles are a huge waste of money. There's a reason for this number (in bold) climbing -

"The average age of vehicles on U.S. roadways rose to a record 12.1 years last year, as lofty prices and improved quality prompt owners to hold on to their cars longer. It was the first time the average vehicle age rose above 12 years, according to data released Monday by research firm IHS Markit." 2 days ago

Mirage owners (all of us) are driving relatively young cars by today's standards.
    Last edited by Mark; 06-16-2021 at 05:57 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Pryme (06-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I live in SW Wisconsin, but my parents live north of Green Bay. My dad will be 81 in a couple weeks. I've been making the trip up there more often in recent years, & that takes me through the Fox Valley area quite often.

I will be going to Devils Lake, North Dakota in a couple weeks, too. I do a fishing trip out there with friends. This will be the 4th summer for me. The guides supply the housing, boats, poles, bait, & even clean our fish for us. I call it "lazy man" fishing. I will make that trip with my Mirage again. I can do that, because I am not tugging a boat out there.

I delivered approximately 25 puppies for a friend earlier this year. Most people met me half way, but these trips took me to Missouri, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Illinois, & Iowa. I drove one puppy to O'Hare, flew to Miami with it, flew back to Chicago, and then drove back home to Wisconsin. I left at 7 am & returned home @ 4 am. the next day.

My oldest daughter lives in Europe. I find myself picking her up and dropping her off @ O'Hare quite often. I like traveling up to Marquette Michigan area. I love the Lake Superior area during the summer months.

I've grown to be content with what I have. I hope it's 10+ years before I even consider buying another vehicle. Vehicles are a huge waste of money. There's a reason for this number (in bold) climbing -

"The average age of vehicles on U.S. roadways rose to a record 12.1 years last year, as lofty prices and improved quality prompt owners to hold on to their cars longer. It was the first time the average vehicle age rose above 12 years, according to data released Monday by research firm IHS Markit." 2 days ago

Mirage owners (all of us) are driving relatively young cars by today's standards.
    You're a dog breeder? What breed?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    You're a dog breeder? What breed?
    Nope! I don't really care for the breed my friend breeds. She has standard poodles. I was just helping her out. You can have up to three liters per year without being considered a breeder. She had back to back litters, but they were much larger than expected (11, 9, & 10). It was more work than she realized, too. Don't get me wrong, they are wonderful & beautiful dogs.

A standard white poodle with pink trim just isn't my thing. If they did something useful like blood tracking a wounded deer, that would improve their value to me. She got good money for them, but she also put a lot of time & money into them.

My last two dogs have been English Setters. Putting my last one down was really hard. He was a wonderful companion!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Pryme (06-17-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    English Setter is an outstanding dog. I want a German Shorthaired Pointer. But won't get one until I'm retired and have time to be with my dog all day, all night. I just put my little mongrel down last October. That was tough, and she was in a bad spot, and I wasn't that close with her. She was a difficult mongrel to be close with. She acted like she had somewhat of a cat personality.

But if I had my own dog, it would be hellish to put it down. Such is life (and death).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    English Setter is an outstanding dog. I want a German Shorthaired Pointer. But won't get one until I'm retired and have time to be with my dog all day, all night. I just put my little mongrel down last October. That was tough, and she was in a bad spot, and I wasn't that close with her. She was a difficult mongrel to be close with. She acted like she had somewhat of a cat personality.

But if I had my own dog, it would be hellish to put it down. Such is life (and death).
    My neighbors that live at the end of my dead end road breed German Shorthaired Pointers. My uncle had them when I was growing up. I would pheasant hunt with them. They are great dogs, too!

I've had an English Springer Spaniel, & two English Setters since graduating from college in 1986.

I am considering another English Setter, Wirehaired Pointing Griffon, German Wirehaired Pointer, or Pudelpointer. German Shorthair would be great, too!

I like free dogs because they're free.

I had a friend that paid a bunch of money to buy whippets. They were pretty fast but stupid.

The wife wants to get some bermese mountain dog for some dumb reason. I don't like picking up after the dog we already have. I really don't want to be picking up human sized turds from the yard.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-16-2021 at 10:05 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I like free dogs because they're free.

I had a friend that paid a bunch of money to buy whippets. They were pretty fast but stupid.

The wife wants to get some bermese mountain dog for some dumb reason. I don't like picking up after the dog we already have. I really don't want to be picking up human sized turds from the yard.
    A colleague of mine at school was a professional dog trainer, & he loved his Bernese Mountain Dogs. He even did a couple programs at school with his dogs. They were beautiful creatures. All of his dogs, however, developed health issues at a relatively young age (died young). He couldn't handle that any more, & he gave up raising them.

I am amazed @ what some people will pay for a dog these days, but that's coming from a guy that wouldn't pay more than $10,000 for Mirage (my lame attempt to keep this about our cars).

I may name my next dog Fuelly! (lame attempt number two). I had to look at the title to remember what this thread was originally about!