Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tone down cruise control acceleration speed

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Ice scraper with a long handle & brush on the other end to sweep snow off your car. Every car in Wisconsin that I have ever seen usually has one.

I was thinking my adjustable shooting stick or adjustable snow shoe poles would work great!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Casey (06-17-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Ice scraper with a long handle & brush on the other end to sweep snow off your car. Every car in Wisconsin that I have ever seen usually has one.

I was thinking my adjustable shooting stick or adjustable snow shoe poles would work great!
    Rare occasion for an ice scraper here but never a snow brush.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    I've read in a few places that Rostras have DIP switches that you can play around with and I recall seeing somewhere that one of them controlled how angry the cruise control was
    Yup! I once had an aftermarket cruise unit in my 1.0L Firefly (Chevy Metro) and it had 2 adjustable settings via DIP switches:

1) sensitivity to set speed (ie. how much it could wander before responding either up or down; and
    2) rate of adjustment (gain) aka anger level

So you could make it both less fussy to speed variation (within a few km/h) AND less angry when it responded. That's what I did.

I wonder where the settings for the OEM cruise is located, somewhere in the depths of the ECU I guess.

Did you check this thread? There's a list of adjustments that can be made in the car's computer:

Thread: ETACS tweaks?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Casey (06-18-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Yup! I once had an aftermarket cruise unit in my 1.0L Firefly (Chevy Metro) and it had 2 adjustable settings via DIP switches:

1) sensitivity to set speed (ie. how much it could wander before responding either up or down; and
    2) rate of adjustment (gain) aka anger level

So you could make it both less fussy to speed variation (within a few km/h) AND less angry when it responded. That's what I did.

Did you check this thread? There's a list of adjustments that can be made in the car's computer:

Thread: ETACS tweaks?
    Yeah I've spent quite a bit of time with the laptop in the drivers seat and haven't really seen anything that relates, I suspect it's probably something that's hardcoded but I lived in hope.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    My Versa does the same thing. I can be cruising along at 1500 RPM and hit a slightly steep incline and the RPM's will go to 3500-4000. I know this kind of defeats the purpose of the c/c but I've found I can usually leave the c/c set and self feed the throttle without ever letting it drop below the set speed and keep the RPM's between 2000-2500 on the same incline. My main reason for doing this is because I was afraid of the effect it might have on the CVT longevity torqueing so much so often. I have a throttle controller in the economy mode on the Versa it still does the same thing if I don't take control of the throttle. Maybe the higher RPM's don't hurt anything but I don't like listening to the engine scream and still not going anywhere if I can prevent it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 2016 Versa For This Useful Post:

skyblue (06-28-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Anyone know how the rev limiter functions in these cars, it evidently has one, how does it cut, does it stop the injectors from opening? There's nothing that can be edited with MMCodingwriter or the other one. This would be a fix.