Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Progressive says Mitsubishi not eligible for Snapshot

Noted.

The op wasn't talking about using a scan gauge though... That seems to be the one known exception that's been posted all over the forum for years. Yes, scan gauge is ok. And probably some other devices. There seem to be more devices that cause problems than ones that don't in these cars. Even driving around with my scan tool plugged in causes the abs lights to come on half the time.

Last edited by Fummins; 06-17-2021 at 02:18 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    The scangauge had no problems in the mirage obd 2 port
    Good I'm on day 2 with my scangaugeII

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Casey For This Useful Post:

Pryme (06-17-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Tell your agent all cars 1996 and on have an OBD2 port...cuz your government wants to protect you.... good luck getting one on a motorcycle though.
    Last edited by wanna beco; 06-18-2021 at 04:13 PM.

I'm with bel air direct. They have some app you put on your phone instead of an obdII tracker. Each trip you make you have to open the app and choose if you're a driver or passenger.
    I didn't look into it much and only read reviews of people complaining about it, shocking I know.

Every time one of our drivers was in an accident that was their fault (usually rear ending someone), I could look through a driving report for the last week or two and look at who had the most reports of aggressive braking. 9/10 times the drivers who crash into someone are the ones with the worst records. They usually also somehow manage to get aggressive acceleration hits as well.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    What most people don't realize is that if you have any newer vehicle that has built in navigation and internet capability you are already being tracked. By whom, who knows but your vehicle is reporting it's location constantly when you have those kinds of bells and whistles which pretty much is standard equipment in almost every new car these days.
    Who's listening / watching? Noone. There's not enough manpower for people to have a job where they sit around and watch all the boring crap ole 7milesout is doing. Talk about a snoozer of a job.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Damn I should get one of these, my car moves like a snail.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to skyblue For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,418 Times in 1,026 Posts
    inuvik - how does Oregon determine which cars get 40+ mpg? I wonder because it seems it would be advantageous in Oregon to drive a car that gets 39.99 mpg...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm with bel air direct. They have some app you put on your phone instead of an obdII tracker. Each trip you make you have to open the app and choose if you're a driver or passenger.
    I didn't look into it much and only read reviews of people complaining about it, shocking I know.

Every time one of our drivers was in an accident that was their fault (usually rear ending someone), I could look through a driving report for the last week or two and look at who had the most reports of aggressive braking. 9/10 times the drivers who crash into someone are the ones with the worst records. They usually also somehow manage to get aggressive acceleration hits as well.
    That's neat. Progressive can do the device or an app but told me because I'm in Florida, the rules are if you can't do the device you can't do the app either. I was curious how the app might work for me since my job is driving a fire truck and I drive it differently than I do my mirage!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,710 Times in 2,121 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I just got off the phone with Progressive Insurance. I was real excited about putting Snapshot in my Mirage to save money on insurance. They told me the Mitsubishi Mirage wasn't eligible because it doesn't have an OBDII port. Well, I know that's not the real reason. The customer service agent said it most not provide the needed data. Just posting to make sure they are right and see if anyone here uses snapshot.
    If you could do all this, how much car insurance savings are you looking at here?

I've found it best to combine my homeowner & car insurance. I've used Progressive for motorcycle insurance in the past, however.

When my Mirage gets older, I will like it even more. I will drop comprehensive/collision & just keep liability. Given the current used car market, however, that may not be happening any time soon.

I have bare bones coverage on my car, they want $925 a year. I have no collision, no theft, fire, nothing, just protect me from getting sued and losing my house insurance. I have full coverage on my side by side that cost 20x what the Mirage did. I feel like I'm way more likely to write that thing off than my car and it's less than half the cost to insure. But it seldom gets used

If I wreck the car it's likely not my fault, more than likely someone hit me and their insure should pay me out provided they have insurance(and I'm not dead). If they aren't insured I believe the government magically pays me out and they go after the uninsured driver until they repay whatever the payout was(provided they know who it was).

But if I wreck my car and it's my fault, insurance will cover the other guy and I'm left with a wrecked $1000 car to either fix or part out. And go back to driving the truck again.