Thread: Mitsubishi Warranty (positive / negative experiences?)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Mitsubishi Warranty (positive / negative experiences?)

Hello everyone! I am doing my background research and I am considering purchasing or leasing a Mitsubishi Mirage later this year. I wanted to ask about the warranty. One of the advantages people frequently cite about this car is the generous warranty offered by Mitsubishi. I wanted to know what the public's experience in relying on the warranty has been. 5 yr/50K bumper to bumper and 10 yr/100K powertrain sound great, but it's not great if there's always a loophole that allows the company to deny the claim, or if the replacement parts take over a month to get, or if the dealer doesn't offer a loaner car and you're stuck without wheels for an extended period of time. I just want to know of your experiences either positive or negative. Thanks so much!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJosh View Post
    Hello everyone! I am doing my background research and I am considering purchasing or leasing a Mitsubishi Mirage later this year. I wanted to ask about the warranty. One of the advantages people frequently cite about this car is the generous warranty offered by Mitsubishi. I wanted to know what the public's experience in relying on the warranty has been. 5 yr/50K bumper to bumper and 10 yr/100K powertrain sound great, but it's not great if there's always a loophole that allows the company to deny the claim, or if the replacement parts take over a month to get, or if the dealer doesn't offer a loaner car and you're stuck without wheels for an extended period of time. I just want to know of your experiences either positive or negative. Thanks so much!
    It's 5 years/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper that transfer to 2nd owner. 10 year/100,000 warranty powertrain & 5 year/unlimited roadside assistance that doesn't transfer.

Best vehicles are ones where the warranty is never used. I suspect & hope my Mirage is that. Mechanical things break. It's nice to know the warranty is there for anything major.

Some Mitsubishi dealerships suck. Worst I have ever seen. I bought my Mirage from the best dealership I have ever seen. They delivered my Mirage to my home for free, & they are 4 hours away.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

PityOnU (06-17-2021),wanna beco (06-18-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Warranty work for subsequent owners like myself has sucked in my experience. My slightly out of spec rear axle was denied a replacement and on our other Mirage, the heatercore pipe was bent out of shape due to $hitty work being done on replacing the engine before we had owned it. This caused a coolant leak that I only noticed because the reservoir was very low. If you buy new its a totally different experience IMO. Good cars but get your info from the mechanics on here like Fummins and TopFuel before you trust a Mitsu service center tech.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    When I got my fuel map reprogram done last year the original owners name and address was on the warranty repair invoice. I mean I gave the dealer my name and signature but I might have the 10 years if that goes unchanged.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It's 5 years/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper that transfer to 2nd owner. 10 year/100,000 warranty powertrain & 5 year/unlimited roadside assistance that doesn't transfer.

Best vehicles are ones where the warranty is never used. I suspect & hope my Mirage is that. Mechanical things break. It's nice to know the warranty is there for anything major.

Some Mitsubishi dealerships suck. Worst I have ever seen. I bought my Mirage from the best dealership I have ever seen. They delivered my Mirage to my home for free, & they are 4 hours away.
    Did they drive it there or trailer it?