Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow! My Thread Closed. Goodbye All

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Wow! My Thread Closed. Goodbye All

My thread was closed for making a valid point! This is my final post and last sign in. While typing in the background banned in the USA plays by 2 live crew how appropriate.

My new threads were always related to Mitsubishi or the Mirage. 99% of my responses directly related to the Mirage.

Goodbye and good luck to those who helped us through the years.

Manual and Auto both in the 46k range.
    M-47 mpg lifetime.
    CVT-46 mpg lifetime.
    Manual needs heat shield removed rattles occasionally. Will be getting new tires.
    CVT- Deciding what to do about cvt being jerky. Otherwise needs nothing and look brand new.
    5 years of ownership begin in Oct Dolores/Nov Dott.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    I don't think it was anything personal...your thread was looking like it was going to go sideways as well.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (06-17-2021),MetroMPG (06-17-2021)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    @ DottandDolores and whoever it may concern:
    This is so unfortunate and equally unnecessary.
    I did not see you (or me either) involved in any political discussion of any sort or insult anybody, rather the opposite was the case!
    I refused to enter into, and get involved in a discussion somebody was trying to start by disputing long established facts. As far as I am concerned, I will never allow myself to be drawn into an idiotic argument about if germs or viruses really exist, if the world is flat and you can fall off the disc, or rather if any other long established and fully undisputable scientific fact might be valid or not.
    Yes, the earth is a globe, and I flatly refuse to argue with anybody who disagrees. This should be standard behavior for anybody past grade six. Period.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-17-2021),Wil B (06-18-2021)

Somehow I missed the drama.

The decisions the moderators make around here are never personal.

This is a fantastic international community of people with diverse political & religious & ?? beliefs... with a common enthusiasm for the little Mirage/Space Star/etc.

We, your benevolent dictators, have made a choice to actively discourage hot-button topics in the forum because they only serve to fracture the group (and distract people from the fact that I just bought ANOTHER one of these crapcans).

So, sorry if anyone thinks that a moderated post or thread is an affront to you personally or your rights. (The forum server doesn't even live in the land of Freedom Fries!)

DottandDolores - it'll be unfortunate if you leave us. I hope you reconsider.

Let's just all keep clear of the third-rail chatter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-18-2021),dragon2knight (06-17-2021),inuvik (06-17-2021),Wil B (06-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, I'm going to side with the mods on this one. Hands down.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that modern political discourse (i.e. the media - traditional and social) has trained us all to present our views in such an incredibly and intentionally biased and polarizing manner that civility ends up balanced on a razor's edge, just waiting for someone to drop a trigger word before **** hits the fans and the apes go bananas. The only way to win is not to play.

Unfortunately, I don't personally see this changing any time soon.

Fun side note: I swapped my gauge cluster (USA) to one from the UK and my MPG displayed on the cluster has gone through the roof. Why? American gallons vs. imperial gallons.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PityOnU For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (06-17-2021),MetroMPG (06-17-2021)

Ha! The Canadian ones use US gallons/mpg. Why the swap?

Agred on your other points. Thank you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    QUOTE: Yeah, I'm going to side with the mods on this one. Hands down.

The unfortunate fact of the matter is that modern political discourse (i.e. the media - traditional and social) has trained us all to present our views in such an incredibly and intentionally biased and polarizing manner that civility ends up balanced on a razor's edge, just waiting for someone to drop a trigger word before **** hits the fans and the apes go bananas. The only way to win is not to play.

Agreed! Thats why I don't want to argue with anybody wanting to promote whacky, "alternative facts" or any other trash contrary to well established undisputable scientifically based knowledge.
    Last edited by foama; 06-17-2021 at 07:34 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-18-2021),Wil B (06-18-2021)

Then stfu already.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (06-17-2021),Cobrajet (06-18-2021),Dirk Diggler (06-18-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Scientific fact is NOT political.

Closing DottandDolore's previous thread did seem quite preemptive and heavyhanded.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Fun side note: I swapped my gauge cluster (USA) to one from the UK and my MPG displayed on the cluster has gone through the roof. Why? American gallons vs. imperial gallons.
    Can’t the measurement units be changed without swapping?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)