Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mirage #3: Appliance Car :: 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage SE (base stripper) (Garage entry)

1. General Information
    Mirage #3: Appliance Car
    Mitsubishi
    Mirage SE (base stripper)
    White
    5-speed

The holy grail! Base Canadian Mirage with no options: no AC, manual locks (no remote), wind-up rear windows, manual HVAC settings, no cruise, etc. Yet another cheap, used scratch 'n' dent special with high kms for its age (174k).

Details

Colour: Frigidaire White. A littlle banged up, with rust creeping around the edges.

Front carpet: 50% sodium chloride

•  

Aftermarket bluetooth thingy!

•  

Stiff clutch pedal.

•  

Yes. Possible fubar rear axle.

•  

Stock Enasaves in decent shape. Two are much newer, so I will have to investigate rear axle alignment.

•  
    Comments: 59 / Views: 38384
    Looks about right. Just the front shoe is worn out? Were the drums grooved at all? Time for an uga duga gun?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Yeah, front shoes worn more than rear. Very small lip on the drum.

Mitsu says yer not supposed to use an ugga dugga gun on the axle nuts! Supposed to almost break your breaker bar by standing on it.

PS aren't you supposed to be glamping? Go!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

What Mitsubishi doesn't know......

Glamping tomorrow after work. It's gonna be a gong show! First trip in a new used trailer, what could go wrong?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    What are the odds all four front parking/side marker lights would be burned out??
    What’s the electric system voltage? Sure hope the alternator isn’t putting out high volts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

The battery light usually comes on if it's over charging.

I change those bulbs fairly often. I've been sticking 194 bulbs in there instead of the w5w that would blow fairly regularly. Most people don't even notice they're burnt out.

Yeah, I stuck all 194 bulbs in it. Mostly because that's all the WalMart auto section had that would fit.

---

Well, the Appliance goes in for inspection tomorrow morning. I actually washed it. First impressions!

Too bad the white paint is covered in tiny rust dots where iron dust was left sitting on it for too long.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

My white one had that too on along both sides of the car. Looked like someone was torching right next to it.

This is the 2nd white car I've owned, and the same thing happened to the other one. I wonder if it's just because of the high contrast and we just don't notice it on other colours, or if it's something about white paint.

she's legal!

Name:  safety-certification.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  55.5 KB

Ready to go!! 1800 + rear brakes + 4 light bulbs = roadworthy car. Pretty happy with that.

But I'm not putting it on the road until I sell the $800 Fit.

After that, I'll check the alignment. The rear is wonky for sure - even just looking at the car from behind, I can see the rear wheel on the driver's side has WAY more (less?? negative, I mean) camber vs the front. Almost looks like an old BMW.

Too bad the previous owner didn't get it fixed, instead of just chewing through back tires.

I'll have to go read our rear axle mis-alignment megathread.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-01-2021)

So you need to get a government safety inspection when you buy a new to you used car? Sure don't have to out here. Some insurance company's request a basic safety inspection if the vehicle is 10 years old or older but it's pretty basic check the lights, brakes, steering and make sure the windshield isn't smashed out. Anyone with a ticket can do one. Or just fill out the form yourself and make up a number, nobody even verifies them.

You only need a fancy inspection(one you can't forge yourself) when you bring a vehicle in from out of province/country or if it's been written off and rebuilt then you need a 1 time inspection. You need to get the form from a registries office and get the inspection done before they'll give you plates.