Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CVT service preperation

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

CVT service preperation

I'm just about ready to get stuck into putting some fresh fluid and new filters onto my CVT transmission, I'm missing two little bits that I might go ahead without, namely the external filter O ring and a crush or washer for the pan bolt. If anyone could give me the exact sizes of both that would be a big help. My local Mitsubishi dealer didn't have either and didn't know much more.

When I come to put the pan back on the transmission is there anything I should be putting on the gasket or can I place the gasket on and do it up?

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  81.0 KB

You can probably get away without a new washer for the drain plug(I've reused them multiple times) but you might want to have an extra cartridge o-ring on hand just in case. It's a good idea to pull the wheel and inner fender out of the way so you can get a straight shot at the filter housing. I've replaced them from below without screwing it up except for that one time....

Just dry out the pan and mating surface well. You don't need to goop anything on there. The gasket seals it just fine by itself. It'll make it easier to remove next time too.

Don't over tighten the pan bolts til they break off. If in doubt just use a dinky 1/4" ratchet and snug them up.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

skyblue (06-18-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    extra cartridge o-ring on hand just in case.
    Thank you, any idea on what size they are roughly? I sort of want to get on with it and as much as I'd love to wait for a genuine parts Mitsubishi O ring, I'm sort of sick of that, took long enough to get the filters.

I really don't know what size it is. Sometimes I've been able to reuse them and other not so much.

Wangdoodle made a vijeo He used this o-ring from a spark I believe GM GENUINE 25198771

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

skyblue (06-18-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Has anyone in Australia been able to source the O ring for the auxiliary paper filter locally, I'm having a ******* of a time, the entirety Mitsubishi Australia have zero, and they were supposedly sending me an email with time and cost but nothing yet.

There's a guy on some Malaysian site selling everything you need but I don't think they ship here.

Driving on a used O ring for 90k will make me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    Has anyone in Australia been able to source the O ring for the auxiliary paper filter locally, I'm having a ******* of a time, the entirety Mitsubishi Australia have zero, and they were supposedly sending me an email with time and cost but nothing yet.

There's a guy on some Malaysian site selling everything you need but I don't think they ship here.

Driving on a used O ring for 90k will make me nervous.
    If it lasts over a day I wouldn’t worry about it. You can either skip the cartridge filter change until you get an o ring or take a chance and try to reuse the old one. You can change the filter without draining all the fluid out.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    You can change the filter without draining all the fluid out.
    Oh, that's interesting, nothing comes out?

A little splashes out. It won't pour out more than a cup or two? IIRC that is. It's been a while since I've done one though and I forget ****.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    https://shopee.com.my/Mirage-Attrage...620.7856382718

"( normally change CVT only use 4 bottle if change with auto filter with gasket need additional 1 bottle )"

I've read here that no more than 3 liters comes out, these people are having a laugh aren't they, 5 liters, coming out when you drop the pan.

Anyway I've sorted my parts situation.

What?