Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from Brisbane, Australia new ES Sport

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Hi from Brisbane, Australia new ES Sport

Hi all,

Purchased my first brand new car today, a MY14 (2013 build) Mitsubishi Mirage ES Sport, got it with metallic paint (blue), chrome accents on the front (dealer pre installed) and floor mats for $12,280AU drive away. It has 16km on the clock, 5 yr warranty, 4 years capped price servicing, I hope to take possession of it Friday.

Name:  mymirage!.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  88.1 KB

I bought the mirage as I needed, reliabilty, safety, fuel economy and air conditioning!

my previous car was a 1986 Toyota corolla seca which I have owned for the last 2 years, it has been a good vehicle but it is fast falling apart as it nears 30yrs old.

my username for anyone interested is a colloquial Australian slang for the Australian White Ibis, a native bird which inhabits our wetlands and our waste transfer stations (where I work).

looking forward to contributing to the global mirage community!

Cheers.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage ES Sport 1.2 manual: 42.9 mpg (US) ... 18.2 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dumpchook For This Useful Post:

CLARK (01-30-2014),grsupercity (01-29-2014),socal6g (01-30-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I do like that color. Congrads on the car! Hope you enjoy it

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,017 Posts
    Welcome to the site Dumpchook, and congrats on the new Mirage! Keep us update on how things go.
    Custom Mirage products: Cruise control kit, Glove box light, MAF sensor housing, Rear sway bar, Upper grill block

Current project: DIY Nitrous oxide setup for ~$100

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 47.2 mpg (US) ... 20.1 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.7 mpg (Imp)

Did you go for the CVT or the manual? Welcome to the forum.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Did you go for the CVT or the manual? Welcome to the forum.
    Got the manual, its not a bad little car to drive, I think it would almost be impossible to stall, was able to go perform a left turn at traffic lights in 3rd in the one I test drove (maintaining momentum)
    Last edited by Dumpchook; 01-29-2014 at 06:33 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage ES Sport 1.2 manual: 42.9 mpg (US) ... 18.2 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumpchook View Post
    Got the manual, its not a bad little car to drive, I think it would almost be impossible to stall, was able to go perform a left turn at traffic lights in 3rd in the one I test drove (maintaining momentum)
    Actually the opposite, very easy to stall. Clutch is very loght, and the friction point where it bites is very small.

I found the clutch action/friction point fine in the Mirage I drove. No stalling. To get out for my test drive, I threaded it backwards through the dealer parking lot at idle, no throttle, just playing the friction point.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Everyone who has test drove mine stalled it once and said how light the clutch was.
    I'm use to mine now, but I am relearning manual after 2 years of driving auto.

I love that blue colour, I was deciding between white and the blue. White won as easier to keep clean.

Well, I guess if you look at the cars I'm used to driving -- both 1.0L -- maybe it makes sense that I didn't find the Mirage's clutch weird.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Well, I guess if you look at the cars I'm used to driving -- both 1.0L -- maybe it makes sense that I didn't find the Mirage's clutch weird.
    I'll probably notice the light clutch a bit more when I jump into it after work after driving the work pickups all day, which are manual diesels