Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Potential Mirage Owner

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
    Well it looks like I will soon be a 2021 mirage es owner.

First time I've bought a new car without test driving it. I feel like I made the right decision as it ticks all of the boxes for me.

What's it like to sleep the front seats, does the seat recline far back enough?
    I've done it, but not in the front seat. I folded the back bench down, laid out a heavy quilt and slept on top with a massive body pillow in the fetal position. It was tight, I'm 6ft and 250lbs but I got thru the night alright.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
    It was the K11 1.0 micra.

The K11 is a good bit smaller than the Mirage, but has a much more intelligently designed and boxier-shaped body. The seats are very much more comfortable too. While you can fit a regular-sized washingmachine into a K11, that certainly won't fit into the larger Mirage. The Mirage rear seat backs do not have metal sheeting backs and won't even fold down flat, rather more like a 45° angle. The horizontal rear seat does not fold forward either, and the rear hatch has only a narrow opening. On the plus side, the Mirage uses round about 15 to 20% less fuel.

I very unfortunately had to take a 1.0L 2002 K11 to the junk yard some time ago, because the gearbox failed with no reverse gear any more, and there were no 2002 gearboxes available from the yard. The 2002 had a different gearbox than all other because the crankshaft position sensor was built into the gearbox. It was a nice and exceedingly practical car, not anything like the newer Renault-designed and engined Nissans.

If you were happy with the K11, you'll be happy with the Mirage, albeit for the thoughtlessly designed luggage area.

Last edited by foama; 07-06-2021 at 11:21 AM.