Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Potential Mirage Owner

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
    Renting a car in Hawaii at the current prices is probably around $300 a day so that's not an option, besides I don't think anyone has mirages for rent. It's usually Honda fits.

My main purpose for the car is an economical daily driver that I can Uber in. I ride a Honda PCX scooter and I want the car equivalent of that. Cheap transportation.

I really considered the Hyundai ioniq blue but that's about $10k more.

I drove Nissan micras in the UK so I am assuming the mirage is one step up with modern features.
    As a guy who rented the Micra, Versa, Mirage and Spark within the same month the Mirage impressed me the most. I'm not a leadfoot but when I stomped the Mirage it hit 85 mph fast enough for me. It felt as well made and quiet/comfortable as the other 3. So it came down to price. The Mirage was so much less $ , feature for feature. I only learned it was a 3 cyl. when I went to buy one at the dealership. That fact made no difference. BTW, I ride a 400 Burgman so I get the scooter thing. The Mirage / Burgman combo seems made in heaven.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    I ride a 650 Burgman Executive. The Mirage has made me put the Burgman up for sale. With about 2 mpg of the same mpg as the Burgman 650.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-29-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    The Mirage / Burgman combo seems made in heaven.
    As well as the Honda City + Motocompo combo?

Name:  1985_honda_city_r_wmotocompo_1535180949565ef66e7dff9f98040.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  95.6 KB

Name:  honda-city-motocompo-1.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  48.7 KB

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...r-w-motocompo/

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Casey (06-29-2021),Fummins (06-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    As well as the Honda City + Motocompo combo?
    Since it's only 49cc, the Motocompo wouldn't require a motorcycle license (not in Wisconsin at least). Being a 2 stroke, I bet it sounds like a cross between weed whip & a chainsaw going down the road. Two out of my three chainsaws have larger 2 stroke engines.

I miss square box small wagons/vehicles! A Suzuki Jimny could fill that void. Ugh! Early generations of the Honda CR-V had a table with folding legs in the back. That's quite a downgrade from the fold up moped!

I remember when I was in Jr high a kid had a 50cc yamaha crotch rocket. You only needed a learners license(14y/o) to drive one. The cops came to school one day and impounded it after he was riding it all over the school grounds lol. It looked kinda like this one

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Well it looks like I will soon be a 2021 mirage es owner.

First time I've bought a new car without test driving it. I feel like I made the right decision as it ticks all of the boxes for me.

What's it like to sleep the front seats, does the seat recline far back enough?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Redoubt For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (06-29-2021)

Congrats!

I would normally be concerned for someone who bought a Mirage without driving it, but your history with UK spec Micras means you have a pretty good idea of what to expect. (Depending on which generation, the Micra would have had slightly sharper handling, though.)

As for sleeping in the car, you might be interested in this thread. Taking it to the next level...

Thread: Sleeping platform in Mirage (car camping)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It was the K11 1.0 micra.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Welcome to the forum.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
    Well it looks like I will soon be a 2021 mirage es owner.

First time I've bought a new car without test driving it. I feel like I made the right decision as it ticks all of the boxes for me.

What's it like to sleep the front seats, does the seat recline far back enough?
    If you take the back seat bottom cushion out and remove the headrest on either seat they will recline pretty flat, on the passenger side you can remove the glove box for more head or legroom. A few strategically placed pillows and something soft in the footwell makes for a comfy experience.