Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spree killers take police on a 100mph chase in their 2020 Mirage

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I have a 70 hp scooter that is supposed to be able to do a skosh over 120 mph. I got it to about 105 mph one time in a successful effort to put a H-D 1200 Sporster in his place.
    This is awesome, you now have to tell the story...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,377 Times in 998 Posts
    I was wrong, it's only 56 hp. I was cruising the interstate about 75 - 80 mph. Traffic medium, only 2 lanes each direction so it was easy to get held up. I see this headlight coming from back a ways. He was also swerving in and out and through traffic pointlessly, unless you're just trying to catchup to someone. I could tell it was a cruiser. But I wasn't going to be an ass and swerve around through traffic to stay ahead of him, I was just out for a cruise anyway.

Then I could hear him coming and know the sound of an H-D (I had a SuperGlide many years ago). Then he caught me and gave me the ricer flyby on the right weaving through traffic. So I made up my mind if traffic cleared up I'd give him a run. And it did clear up.

So I pulled out to the right cause that lane cleared up and idiot drivers stay in the fast lane in long lines like they own it. As I started catching up to him he kept speeding up so I couldn't pass. So that's when I actually laid into it when he was trying to stay ahead of me and there was no traffic ahead.

Before I did, I pressed the button to pull in the mirrors, then lowered the front windshield as far as it would go and pinned it. He and I were up over 100 mph and it walked on by him. No traffic ahead. And it would have kept speedling up, slowly like the Mirage, but I thought that was enough and backed out of it. We slowed back down to saner speeds and he stayed behind me after that, but soon after that he pulled along side and waved as he exited. At least he was a good sport about getting passed at over 100 mph ... by a "scooter."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Fummins (10-22-2021),inuvik (10-22-2021),klroger (10-22-2021)