Thread: Evo 8 Recaro installs

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Evo 8 Recaro installs

SOOOoooo I sad I was going to do this a long time ago but, I finally was able to get a price on the seats that I wanted. $400 for both.

Let me just say I learned a ton from doing this and theres a very easy way to go about this vs a very wrong and long.

I installed the passenger seat first and naturally I assumed taking the rails from our oem seat would give a better fitment. I "simply" just used those rails and re drilled them out. Not only did this take forever it made me have to angle grind and make servel modifications to the seat to make it work. The end result is that the seat doesnt slide forwards or backwards and was a huge pain in the ass. I'd say that was a mostly failed attempt.

So the drivers side I did way better. If you drill out the 3 mount points with a cobalt set bit you can then add them onto the evo seats with little modification. You'll need to remove the front guard stops and then put the caps back on. You can just go to your local hardware store and gets nuts and bolts for them. Highly recommend crush washer or locking nuts once you've got your fitment right. The seats need to slide completely forward on the rail and the back bolts put in first. The inner mounts need to be tapped out a little as they dont directly line up so you'll have a hell of a time getting them on if you dont. The inner back corners that dont have mounts and are railed off the rail you'll need a m10 x 1.25 nut to go under the rail to make the height not lean.
    The Drivers seat fits perfectly and works perfectly. Will be re doing the passenger with the information I learned from the whole experience. Now that i've got these and I under how to take them apart easily

Lastly dont forget to carry over your set belt to the new seat. You'll only have an SRS air bag warning light. You actually dont need the seat connects as our cars dont seem to chime without them plugged in.

I wouldnt say this is very difficult and it can work if you use your stock seats. But you will need hard metal bits to and a diamond metal cutting step bit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQYkJVLHaWJ/
    Name:  RECARO.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  83.2 KB

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Clessy For This Useful Post:

Basic (06-21-2021)