Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: No frills Suzuki Jimny!

Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Is Audrey the giant Andre's wife? Lmao

And the hulk turned green.

Otherwise, carry on! Ha
    He identified as a green woman of color.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Pryme (06-25-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I don't think it's as prevalent or easy as you think. If it was, car theft would be out of control. It's not.

Also I'm nearly certain that's not even possible on the newest cars with the amount of tech they have. Push button is probably now dominating keys in new vehicles. I mean my corolla has it and my mirages did too.
    I went for out for supper with my cousin & his girlfriend last night. We were up north at my parents, but they live in West Allis, Wisconsin. We were riding in his KIA Optima, & he brought up the topic of car thief.

According to my cousin, car thefts are way up in the Milwaukee area. He told me car thefts have jumped over 2,000% recently, but I didn't really believe him. KIA/Hyundai are the main targets, and it's more like 2,500% increase in car thefts when I looked it up.

Would you say a 2,500% increase in stolen cars warrants concern?

https://www.wisn.com/article/thefts-...aukee/36756668

You also own a KIA van. You may not want to park in the Milwaukee area at least.

You say car theft is not out of control, but some residents in other parts of the state may feel otherwise.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    I don't think it's as prevalent or easy as you think. If it was, car theft would be out of control. It's not.

Also I'm nearly certain that's not even possible on the newest cars with the amount of tech they have. Push button is probably now dominating keys in new vehicles. I mean my corolla has it and my mirages did too.
    You claim the new tech in cars makes this not even possible. The facts say otherwise. A criminal can start many of today's cars in under a minute.

"Officer Santiago said criminals are not just sticking to unlocked cars anymore. Police have seen thieves target cars in apartment parking lots and breaking car windows to get inside. They take out the ignition and can get the car going in less than 1 minute."

taken from -

https://www.tmj4.com/news/local-news...bs-on-the-rise