Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No frills Suzuki Jimny!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts

No frills Suzuki Jimny!

This is a company that's after my own heart!

Suzuki is manufacturing a basic "no frills" version of their Suzuki Jimny.

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/suzuki-j...131200540.html

When the time comes to replace my 2011 Subaru Forester, I will be yearning for something that's become extinct in recent years. Manual, AWD/4WD, no frills vehicle don't really exist any more.

I would seriously love to be able to buy a simple vehicle like this!

Over loaded, over priced, vehicles are plentiful! I wish there was more of a market for simple, more affordable vehicles. Apparently, people like me are not the norm any more. Maybe we never were the norm? Some people really love extra features. Even on an economy car forum like this one, I have noticed that!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I like it too. I'll always remember my no AC 88 Subaru wagon with electric windows that stopped rolling down. I was a kid and didn't know much so I just propped the doors open with a college text book and bungee cord.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 48.5 mpg (US) ... 20.6 km/L ... 4.8 L/100 km ... 58.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

When the time comes to replace my 2011 Subaru Forester, I will be yearning for something that's become extinct in recent years. Manual, AWD/4WD, no frills vehicle don't really exist any more.

Over loaded, over priced, vehicles are plentiful! I wish there was more of a market for simple, more affordable vehicles. Apparently, people like me are not the norm any more. Maybe we never were the norm? Some people really love extra features. Even on an economy car forum like this one, I have noticed that!
    One feature I'll likely never go back to is a key ignition. My mirages, sedona and corolla all have push button start. And the corolla has the smart lock unlock so I literally just reach into the handle and the door unlocks or locks. Keys never come out of my pocket.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Unfortunately, it comes with air conditioning, a radio (with Bluetooth!), doors and a hard top. That's a lot of luxury right there.

From the source:
    Suzuki Jimny Lite confirmed for Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Suzuki Australia | June 18, 2021
    Due to increasingly overwhelming demand for our most sought-after vehicle - the iconic Jimny – Suzuki Australia is extremely excited to confirm the introduction of the new ‘Jimny Lite’ for the Australian Market from August 2021.

The current Suzuki Jimny made its long-awaited Australian debut in January 2019, launching with one variant – available in both manual and automatic transmissions. We are now excited to confirm an additional variant to the line-up - the Jimny Lite.

The vehicle performance and engine specifications remain unchanged to the current Jimny – however the Jimny Lite will be available in Manual Transmission only.

The Jimny Lite will ride on standard 15” steel wheels, continuing to provide high levels of stability with low rolling resistance. Plastic textured side mirror covers, Halogen projector headlights without standard fog lamps are the only other notable exterior differences to the Jimny already on our roads.

As opposed to the Jimny’s standard fitment Infotainment system, the Jimny Lite will be released with an in-dash Radio / CD player, including standard Bluetooth connectivity, allowing calls and music to be streamed effortlessly. Air conditioning remains as a standard fitment with manually operated climate control.

Michael Pachota – General Manager, Automotive said “We’re giving people what they want – more Jimny’s! With demand continuously increasing for this model we are so pleased to be able to add another variant in the line-up and continue to grow our Jimny community with this incremental supply opportunity.”

“We will also maintain the fair allocation process based on customer orders with a queue system as we have done with the current Jimny in 2021, making sure the next order in the queue gets the next car to hit Australian soil, every time” said Pachota.

Jimny Lite suggested retail pricing will be announced on 1st August 2021 which will also be the official release date for sale.

A dedicated page on suzuki.com.au with more information on the Jimny Lite will be live on July 1st, 2021.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Sadly the smafety Karen’s say that thing is unsafe but in what,? 10-15 years it becomes magically safe so you can import one and drive it? What you really need is a loaded up Escalade because safety!

I appreciate simple things. I like that I don’t have a touch screen radio that I can control without looking at it. Power windows and locks are another thing to break but they’re pretty reliable these days. How could you say no heated seats in -35c?
    If I every buy a new truck it’ll probably be a grandpa edition. Air, tilt and cruise.

Scratch that, you can’t buy a new truck with a clutch anymore.

I like the keyless fob once in a while but it’s a pita for the most part. When ever I have the wife’s key fob in my pocket the friggin alarm goes off or the hatch opens, sometimes don’t notice it til the next morning when parked outside and it’s raining lol it also had this stupid feature that would open the hatch for you when you walked behind the vehicle. That was fun when shoveling the driveway. It’s probably just a Kia issue though. I’m sure the grown up mfg sorted out those issues.
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-23-2021 at 02:26 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    One feature I'll likely never go back to is a key ignition. My mirages, sedona and corolla all have push button start. And the corolla has the smart lock unlock so I literally just reach into the handle and the door unlocks or locks. Keys never come out of my pocket.
    You still need them. Making a third Mirage keys cost less than $15. That includes having a hardware store cut it and you program it yourself with the two existing keys. I could make multiple keys for several family members for very little cost. Same goes for driving instructors sharing vehicles.

I get your point, but it's not the best system for all!

How much does it cost to replace a lost key fob for your vehicles?

Your fobs are always sending a signal that someone can pick up nearby. Not the safest system in the world. I would much rather have a key. I don't find pulling it out of my pocket to be that much of a hardship. I hate stuff in my pockets when I drive, too!
    Last edited by Mark; 06-23-2021 at 02:36 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Unfortunately, it comes with air conditioning, a radio (with Bluetooth!), doors and a hard top. That's a lot of luxury right there.
    Backup cameras are mandatory here now, too! Those things can't be overlooked.

Biggest negative of a Jimny is not the manual A/C. I don't like the fact that the rear windows don't open. At least I don't think they do. I drive with my rear windows open a few inches 90% of the time in the summer.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,826 Times in 2,131 Posts
    Biggest negative of a Jimny is not the manual A/C. I don't like the fact that the rear windows don't open. At least I don't think they do. I drive with my rear windows open a few inches 90% of the time in the summer.
    I’m not sure I’d like the hard top and doors - they don’t look they are meant to be removed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Backup cameras are mandatory here now
    Do people not have necks anymore?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    Do people not have necks anymore?
    I spent 8 hours today driving with 15.5 year olds. We teach them to crank those necks!

My dad will be 81 next week. His neck is not so flexible. For him, it does help him in parking lots.

One of my favorite music artist adopted a beautiful little girl from Asia. Their older son didn't see her playing behind their car in their driveway, and he accidentally back it over her (killing her). He will forever live with that.

If a backup camera saves one life, it's work it. I'm not crazy about all the features on cars these days, but I can see the value in some, too!