Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Transmission Filter O Ring

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Transmission Filter O Ring

Does anyone have the specs for the o ring for the external cvt transmission filter? The nearest dealer is about 40 miles away but there's a rubber and gasket specialty business less than 5 miles away if I can just get the size and thickness. I've searched the internet and have come up empty except for places to order it and they're wanting $10-15 shipping for an o ring.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 2016 Versa For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-25-2021)

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    Heh, I've been asking the same question, I've just had some ordered through Mitsubishi coming from japan, if you can wait a month I'll measure them for you on arrival. When I spoke to the parts Dept I asked him if he knew the size and he said their documents show size information for a lot of other things but not that. Maybe you could hound jatco for the exact size and thickness.

Nevermind, Jatco isn't bothered.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 1032
Size:  27.9 KB
    Last edited by skyblue; 06-26-2021 at 06:13 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skyblue For This Useful Post:

2016 Versa (06-24-2021),Fummins (06-24-2021)

Maybe, iirc when I ordered filters form Mitsu they came in a box that had both mitsu and Jatco part numbers. I can't remember if the o-ring did though. Could always try to get one from a Chevy spark or versa, or what ever car came with that same model of Jatco cvt.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    @ skyblue, It would be great if you'd measure them and let me know. The information being here on the web site would probably be helpful to someone else later on too. I'm still a few hundred miles away from my 30K mile fluid/filter change and I don't drive the Versa all the time. I usually drive an older beat up car for my daily driver and mainly use the Versa on the weekends.

@Fummins, I ask this question here because the site has lots of traffic but, I was actually going to be using it on my Versa. When I said the nearest dealer was about 40 miles away that was for a Nissan dealer. I think the nearest Mitsubishi dealer is about 60 miles away. I'm 99% sure if I took the old one out the seal/gasket business here in town could match it up with something they had but, I really don't want to take everything apart until I know I have everything I need in hand. Just as sure as I take it apart depending on them to have what I need they'd be out of it. I've already got my filters and fluid. I got my filters a couple months ago from Rock Auto after you provided me with the part numbers. Times like this is when it's inconvenient living in a small town, you need something and the nearest place to get it is 50 miles away or pay 3 times the price for it.

Yeah, I hear you. They got you by the danglers there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    im having the same problem, if you are interested the chevy spark o-ring is available on rockauto: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...=10974&jsn=260 You could also try Alibaba but i havent found someone willing to send me a single o-ring from china yet. Maybe check how far the nearest gm dealership is and call in with that rockauto part number i linked.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-24-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thought I'd post the Raybestos Powertrain part numbers for JATCO CVT-7 filters. The external filter is 515783 available at Rock Auto for $6.84 and the internal filter is 515784 also available at Rock Auto for $6.64. Neither of the filters come with a new gasket/o-ring.

Everybody gets a thanks.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Eggman (06-25-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    here it is on eBay.com and eBay.ca with free shipping: https://www.ebay.com/itm/27454246810...oAAOSwMkJfj8QY

14. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-25-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's the o-ring for the oil cooler not the filter housing. I used to buy on eBay but stopped a couple years ago. It seemed about 80-90% of the time I either get something besides what I ordered, damaged goods or nothing at all. It had turning into more trouble than it was worth.