Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket Forged Engine Parts

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ill jump in, I think modest boost to stock internals is fairly safe if detonation is kept in check. My thoughts:3a92 is better boosted than most swaps for weight sake. You simply wont find a lighter platform that is capable of 3a92s power output on boost. I'm running up to 19psi for short periods without issue but that's mostly because I'm on e85. With good tuning 7psi is making great power and pretty safe for this platform IMO. Anything more than a couple psi is pointless without a good clutch though.

ps. Currently do not have rods/pistons to fit but still looking into that. Really until your up to the level I'm at rods/pistons are not going to be your weak point. First you'll need clutch, valve springs, bolts, injectors, fuel pump and tuning then maybe forged internals

Last edited by DirtGearTv; 08-23-2021 at 10:40 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DirtGearTv For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (08-24-2021),inuvik (08-23-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtGearTv View Post
    Ill jump in, I think modest boost to stock internals is fairly safe if detonation is kept in check. My thoughts:3a92 is better boosted than most swaps for weight sake. You simply wont find a lighter platform that is capable of 3a92s power output on boost. I'm running up to 19psi for short periods without issue but that's mostly because I'm on e85. With good tuning 7psi is making great power and pretty safe for this platform IMO. Anything more than a couple psi is pointless without a good clutch though.

ps. Currently do not have rods/pistons to fit but still looking into that. Really until your up to the level I'm at rods/pistons are not going to be your weak point. First you'll need clutch, valve springs, bolts, injectors, fuel pump and tuning then maybe forged internals
    What about for cvt? Also what would you recommend for tuning? I’ve seen your videos and I’m not sure if I wanna go mega squirt route but if is only way than that’s what will do

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    What about for cvt? Also what would you recommend for tuning? I’ve seen your videos and I’m not sure if I wanna go mega squirt route but if is only way than that’s what will do
    I have seen a few boosted cvt builds and they seem to work out ok but I really can comment on how they are going to handle the boost. My instincts tell me you could get away with 5-7 psi on a cvt without issue, but we don’t know until someone does it and sorts out the problems haha. MS3 is great if you want to go full stand-alone, the problem I had was finding anyone in the states to flash my stock ecu. I know that speedlab uses a unichip and 4th injector combo to run their supercharger setup…

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have seen a few boosted cvt builds and they seem to work out ok but I really can comment on how they are going to handle the boost. My instincts tell me you could get away with 5-7 psi on a cvt without issue, but we don’t know until someone does it and sorts out the problems haha. MS3 is great if you want to go full stand-alone, the problem I had was finding anyone in the states to flash my stock ecu. I know that speedlab uses a unichip and 4th injector combo to run their supercharger setup…
    I sent speedlabs a email asking about the unichip.. how much power were you able to make on the stock clutch? I had seen in a video you changed the clutch or maybe replaced it.. were you able to upgrade it or the pressure plate? did you throw a stock one back in?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I sent speedlabs a email asking about the unichip.. how much power were you able to make on the stock clutch? I had seen in a video you changed the clutch or maybe replaced it.. were you able to upgrade it or the pressure plate? did you throw a stock one back in?
    Cool let us know what they. Ya the stock clutch is trash, pretty sure it was already slipping while I was NA, of course my NA build was quite a bit stronger than OEM, but anyway I have a clutch solution now. Mine is an 8 puck ceramic with about 20% more clamping force. The bad news is they are made by hand individually, the good news is we’re selling them if you need one

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Cool let us know what they. Ya the stock clutch is trash, pretty sure it was already slipping while I was NA, of course my NA build was quite a bit stronger than OEM, but anyway I have a clutch solution now. Mine is an 8 puck ceramic with about 20% more clamping force. The bad news is they are made by hand individually, the good news is we’re selling them if you need one
    I will definitely get one from you if I go that route! Haven’t got a response from unichip yet however I did talk to a guy from Singapore Gary engineering on Facebook and he said that he can send tunes for the mirage if someone in my state has ktuners, alientech or similar software..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you have an estimate of how much hp it will hold? Just in case someone does hit that 300 mark lol🤣

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Cool

Do you have an estimate of how much hp it will hold? Just in case someone does hit that 300 mark lol🤣
    All kidding aside I’ll prob get close to that figure at the crank pretty soon… er well for a second or two anyways. The clutches are estimated to hold 2x torque of the stock conservatively. Let’s call stock 100lb-ft… It’s probably getting pretty close where i’ve got it but i’ll be throwing more at it soon again at the dyno 😎

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    All kidding aside I’ll prob get close to that figure at the crank pretty soon… er well for a second or two anyways. The clutches are estimated to hold 2x torque of the stock conservatively. Let’s call stock 100lb-ft… It’s probably getting pretty close where i’ve got it but i’ll be throwing more at it soon again at the dyno 😎
    That’s insane! I want one in my car lol! You got a build list? How much does your kit cart weigh?

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    im all good on 7psi and 120 hp, thats a fun commute for me already.