Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cvt searching for ratio

I dunno. The one cvt I replaced on an nv had to get returned as a core. They look close.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=inuvik;130478] Is the Nissan cooler a plug and play for the Mirage transmission?

Sounds like a trip to local pick and pull is in order to see if it's compatible with a Mirage or not.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Hold up, I thought the reason the JATCO CVT7 held up better in a Mitsu was because it had a better designed cvt cooler? I'm not sure the new Versa has the exact same cvt as a Mirage either?

A better cooler? Nope. We run a different cvt in our Nv200's. The fluid is always nice and clean when I change it. The Mitsubishi's, not so much.
    The Nissan's have the heat exchanger like the Mirage's as well as a separate transmission cooler that sits next to or in front of the radiator. This helps with heat. I can't remember if they have a thermostat in the lines to help with warm up?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-30-2021)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So I replaced both filters and the fluid. There was no metal in the pan so nothing to point to internal failure. Afterwards there was no change. Same problem. It’s pretty random when it does it. On highway, in town, doesn’t seem to matter. Any ideas?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubablake View Post
    So I replaced both filters and the fluid. There was no metal in the pan so nothing to point to internal failure. Afterwards there was no change. Same problem. It’s pretty random when it does it. On highway, in town, doesn’t seem to matter. Any ideas?
    Consider having AAMCO or some competent transmission shop service the valve body.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Consider having AAMCO or some competent transmission shop service the valve body.
    Eggman! You're back! We were getting concerned.