Thread: Seeking towbar sellers and trailer electrical harness experience

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Seeking towbar sellers and trailer electrical harness experience, Australians

Has anyone in Australia discovered anyone who manufactures towbars for our Mirages in Australia? The only one I've found has been in the states and the shipping would be generous. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...18/C11394.html

If anyone is looking to sell theirs in Australia I will come and buy it from you.

How have people found adding trailer light harnesses, the Australian style mind you, either the round or flat 7 pinners.

Last edited by skyblue; 06-29-2021 at 04:16 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skyblue View Post
    Has anyone in Australia discovered anyone who manufactures towbars for our Mirages in Australia? The only one I've found has been in the states and the shipping would be generous. https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hit...18/C11394.html

If anyone is looking to sell theirs in Australia I will come and buy it from you.

How have people found adding trailer light harnesses, the Australian style mind you, either the round or flat 7 pinners.
    I don't know about "Australian style" but I added the Curt lighting harness to my Mirage hatch here in the USA. The little box they sell comes with all the appropriate hookups s.t. you don't need to splice any wires, and that eTrailers site has a half-decent video on installing it. I messed about with running the wires to make it so that everything ended up hidden and tucked away behind the driver's side strut access panel in the rear.

All that being said, if you can do it without managing to snap off any of the little plastic tabs on the trim, you are a smarter man than I.

EDIT:

Two notes that come to mind:

1. Be sure to clean off your wire and your bumper before using it on a trailer or else you will scratch the **** out of your bumper.

2. The zinc coating on the Mirage body is like teflon and will stop the supplied double-sided tape from sticking reliably. If you want the box to be held securely in place wherever you decide to put it, consider getting a strong tape/glue.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    I found a seller or two that will ship internationally but it appears it will run about a little more than $400AU total between purchase price + shipping.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/35345908...wAAOSwkQddAp8s

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

skyblue (06-29-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    There is a Kiwi manufacturer that lists one for the Mirage. Shipping has gotta be cheaper from NZ than the USA.

https://www.towbar.co.nz/vehicles/car/1585

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

skyblue (06-29-2021)