Thread: Clock jumped back 10 hours...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts

Clock jumped back 10 hours...

Just yesterday I noticed the clock jumped back approximately 10 hours. For example this morning when I was driving in at approximately 8 am, the clock was say 10:XX pm.

I have not done ANYTHING to the car lately. I have never pulled a terminal off the battery. And it has been running just fine.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

7milesout

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    Just yesterday I noticed the clock jumped back approximately 10 hours. For example this morning when I was driving in at approximately 8 am, the clock was say 10:XX pm.

I have not done ANYTHING to the car lately. I have never pulled a terminal off the battery. And it has been running just fine.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

7milesout
    You didn't accidentally turn on the flux capacitor and hit 88mph?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Eggman (07-03-2021)

Check the yellow fuse holder in the dash fuse box? They cut out the radio and some other things at random. That's all I got other than aliens.
    I have an alarm clock that randomly resets itself. It makes guessing the real time fun. Drives the wife nuts!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Sounds like the car lost power for a second...I'd check the battery terminals anyway just in case.

The clocks in these cars are notoriously inaccurate, though.

Country
    Australia
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    As Fummins said, it's probably the yellow fuse container, seems to be loose on a lot of them, it does the radio and the central locking and maybe some other stuff, it get's pulled when the car is being shipped and then pushed when the car is prepped for sale to avoid parasitic draw on the battery, it's on the forum here somewhere.

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Can you say that in general? In my Space Star the clock syncs on the RDS signal of the radio. It has lost it's time a few times (maybe the same problem as the OP's) but after a few minutes it is synced again. And AFAIK apart from complete loss it is never off sync.
    Further I read (in this forum?) that some trim has a GPS module for no other reason than syncing the clock. But in your car it has no external sync, I understand?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Space Star Cleartec Intense 1.0 manual: 55.7 mpg (US) ... 23.7 km/L ... 4.2 L/100 km ... 66.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolf View Post
    Can you say that in general? In my Space Star the clock syncs on the RDS signal of the radio. It has lost it's time a few times (maybe the same problem as the OP's) but after a few minutes it is synced again. And AFAIK apart from complete loss it is never off sync.
    Further I read (in this forum?) that some trim has a GPS module for no other reason than syncing the clock. But in your car it has no external sync, I understand?
    Apparently not. My car's clock is 6-7 minutes fast every time I switch to or from DST.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    The clock in mine is only right for 6 months each year, the other 6 months it's an hour slow... I can't figure it out... HELP...

I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to klroger For This Useful Post:

Fummins (07-05-2021)