Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2021 G4 not as advertised

Country
    United States
    Thanks

2021 G4 not as advertised

I picked up a new G4 last night. That makes 3 new mitsu cars this year, 2022 EC SEL & 2021 OS SE also. I am extremely disappointed with Mitsubishi and their response to me. I went to the Mitsubishi website and compared to levels. I picked the SE because of the LDW and other upgrade like LED lights, 15" wheels and leather/ cloth seats. After deciding this I searched inventory and found a car wash hour away. The Mitsubishi site picture a black car but it was listed as white which I preferred. I then navigate to the dealer site and saw a white car with dark gray interior but no pic of the seats. Made deal over the phone and picked up last night during a tornado downpour. There were tornados less than 20 miles away.
    So I will didn't see the car before signing anything. ( Huge mistake!)
    There was only 1 employee in the dealer who told us they were going to lose power any second and we had to hurry and complete the electronic forms. He didn't have time to print and had another customer coming in soon.
    When we saw the car it has light beige cloth seats. The $500 parking sensor was hokey but I'll review that separately. No walk through, no window sticker, is your car now see you I'm busy.
    Call Mitsubishi support and they are closed. Send email and wait till they were open a few hours before calling the next day. After 2 hours, being hung up on and waiting for manager input a dozen times I was told this is a dealer issue?
    I verified with them that Mitsubishi shows it is STD equipment on this car. I showed the images from both websites. Mitsubishi are the one's that built the car! I even showed reviews that commented on there leather seats in the SE in a car they were provided by Mitsubishi. But somehow the dealer is supposed to resolve the fact that they are missing...? So unbelievably frustrating, they admit they're wrong but offer no solution. The car going back today is the only solution I can come up with. The other Mitsubishi's will find their way out of my garage soon too.

Can you dumb it down a little. You bought a new Mirage sight unseen and thought it had black leather? If it's not what you wanted I woulda left it there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dragon2knight (07-03-2021),mohammad (07-05-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah sounds like a dealer screwup but also (I'm afraid) a mistake on your part when it comes to signing the papers and driving away when it wasn't the car you wanted.

If you're lucky, your state may have laws which allow you to return the vehicle, but most don't, so you're likely stuck with what you've got.

Sorry you have to deal with this. I would certainly be left sick. However, if it helps at all, it's actually pretty easy to swap the seats out of these cars, and really easy to find used grey/black seats online.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes I can return in 72 hours which is why I left. Well that and the weather and being pushed out the door. I was sure the SE all came with leather as per Mitsubishi specs and they would do what is needed to rectify it since it is standard equipment.
    Reality is Mitsubishi promises a feature they don't provide but apparently we're happy to provide to journos to maker a more favorable impression. Their response was you are right go to the dealer. What is the dealer supposed to do? They aren't building the car they are advertising and misrepresenting on their website.

I see on the 2021 G4 specs on the Mitsu USA site shows the SE coming with "combination leather and fabric seating surface". I expect that means pleather side bolsters and fabric everything else.

Are you positive you bought an se trim level car? Can you do a malrony sheet thingy? Google the vin? Shouldn't be hard to figure out.

We kinda got screwed on the wifes Sorento. We looked at a 19 and a 20 both the same trim level. The sales-turd claimed they both had identical options, including the factory remote start. Wife picked up her new turd and got home, it doesn't have that feature. We weren't bright enough to look into it ourselves til that moment lol.

Wife complained to the salesguy. They ended up installing an aftermarket remote start and gave her an air freshener or something. I would have taken it back if I had a say lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillAce View Post
    Yes I can return in 72 hours which is why I left. Well that and the weather and being pushed out the door. I was sure the SE all came with leather as per Mitsubishi specs and they would do what is needed to rectify it since it is standard equipment.
    Reality is Mitsubishi promises a feature they don't provide but apparently we're happy to provide to journos to maker a more favorable impression. Their response was you are right go to the dealer. What is the dealer supposed to do? They aren't building the car they are advertising and misrepresenting on their website.
    I've seen this before with Mitsubishi. The features listed are not always accurate for each trim level.

The 2021 Mirage SE & G4 SE are not exactly alike trim-wise, but their site will list features that are same (reality is they aren't).

I noticed this in 2019 when the 6-way adjustable driver's seats become standard equipment for all trim levels. The website listed both the Mirage & G4 as having them standard, too. The reality was only the Mirage received that feature standard on all trim levels.

If I look at brand new 2021 Mirage SE, I see fabric seats with very nice leather trim around the edges. They actually look quite sharp. When I look at number of 2021 G4 SE, I don't see leather seats at all. They look cloth to me at least. I am comparing brand new cars on cars.com that have 24-32 different pics of each car.

My guess is no G4 has a leather seat option, & only the 2021 Mirage SE has it.

Can you find a pic of G4 SE on a dealer's lot that has seats like the Mirage SE?

Because I can't!

Once again, the Mitsubishi website is wrong. I doubt they correct it, too! This is not a company that I am impressed with at all. I do like my Mirage, however.
    Last edited by Mark; 07-02-2021 at 08:42 PM.

That's dumb. I think you're right. Just found a 21 G4 SE with what looks like cloth. The mitsu site looks like pleather? Attachment 21490 https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...Type=spotlight

If that's the case I'd be after Mitsubishi USA. Grab a bunch of Brochures from the dealership and take some screen shots of the Mitsu site showing the SE comes with leather/fabric seats before they fix it. https://www.mitsubishicars.com/mirage-g4/2021/specs

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yet they built some cars with leather to loan out for reviews. Even the mitsu regional rep is saying they have never seen a mirage with leather.

I've got screen caps of all of it and waiting to hear back from Mitsu. I'm sure there will be a change to the website soon the dealer pulled the images already.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Definitely an SE has fast key, armrest, chrome door handles, LED headlights, DRL's, etc. Mitsu verified the VIN but Maroney says nothing about seats.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BillAce View Post
    Yet they built some cars with leather to loan out for reviews. Even the mitsu regional rep is saying they have never seen a mirage with leather.

I've got screen caps of all of it and waiting to hear back from Mitsu. I'm sure there will be a change to the website soon the dealer pulled the images already.
    The 2021 Mirage SE pics that I have looked at look leather to me, but not so with the G4 SE.

I believe all 2021 Mirage SE have fabric/leather seats.

I also believe all 2021 G4 SE do not have fabric/leather seats, even though the Mitsubishi website says otherwise.