Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Temperature Light - Green (comes on after cold start)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Exclamation Temperature Light - Green (comes on after cold start)

Hello guys!

I am just wondering if any of you also experience this situation on your 2014 Mirage.

My wife owns a 2014 Mirage ES.

We noticed that every time she turns on the engine early in the morning the high temperature light turns on too, and after maybe 5 mins it goes away. Is this normal? The car is brand new and only a week old. Coolant is full, no steam coming out of the engine. The high temperature light does not turn on while she is driving, even if she is going 65 MPH on the freeway it does not turn on. It only turns on during you start the vehicle, its just weird because it usually happens first thing in the morning the car has been resting over night and not in use.

We stopped by the dealer and they said its normal? Hmmmm.

Hi angelogutie...

I don't think it's the high temp light... it's the low temp light. When I test drove the Mirage in Ottawa (Ontario, Canada), that's what the sales person told me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the light you're talking about isn't red ... I seem to remember it's blue or green. I saw it come on in the CVT car that had been sitting overnight, but not in the 5-speed car I tried that had been driven earlier that afternoon.

It's essentially a reminder to take it easy on the car until the temperature starts to come up to normal.

Hopefully one of the other owners will confirm.

EDIT: did you get an owner's manual with the car? I bet it's in there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Clessy (09-02-2014)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hi angelogutie...

I don't think it's the high temp light... it's the low temp light. When I test drove the Mirage in Ottawa (Ontario, Canada), that's what the sales person told me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the light you're talking about isn't red ... it's blue or green. I saw it come on in the CVT car that had been sitting overnight, but not in the 5-speed car I tried that had been driven earlier that afternoon.

It's essentially a reminder to take it easy on the car until it gets up to operating temperature.

Hopefully one of the other owners will confirm.

EDIT: did you get an owner's manual with the car? I bet it's in there.
    Yes you are correct it is not red, it is a green light, it looks like an exclamation point with waves. I checked the owners manual it says high temperature.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Attachment 621

Here it is.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to angelogutie For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-29-2014)

Yup, that's the same light I saw.

I'll defer to one of the owners around here, but I'd bet if the coolant is actually hot, that same light would come on as red, not green.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you for the info, im a lil bit worried because its a new car and i dont want anything bad to happen on the engine.

Country
    New Zealand
    Thanks
    Green light when warming up (an eco feature as fuel consumption would be highest at this point )
    This is normal

If it comes on red this indicates high temp (overheating)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jid For This Useful Post:

Clessy (09-02-2014),Daox (01-30-2014),MetroMPG (01-30-2014)

Thanks, jid.

Also arguably a 'longevity' feature, if it reminds owners to be gentle with the car until it starts to warm up.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you for the response. It helped a lot.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    funny because I also was a bit worried the next day I got the car. I read the owner manual and its just in "warm up mode" the car rpms are a bit higher just to try to get the car in normal operating temperature. Its normal