Thread: 2014 mirage g4 wont start when hot outside/inside

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2014 mirage g4 wont start when hot outside/inside

Good day sir/mam. I just want to ask about my 2014 mirage g4. My car wont start when its hot outside,Or the car's been under the sun for quit some time. Car starts at morning. No problem but when you try to start the car at noon that's when the problem occur. Pls help me. This is my first car and i dont have much knowledge about this. Thank you

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisrichardsaludo@gmail. View Post
    Good day sir/mam. I just want to ask about my 2014 mirage g4. My car wont start when its hot outside,Or the car's been under the sun for quit some time. Car starts at morning. No problem but when you try to start the car at noon that's when the problem occur. Pls help me. This is my first car and i dont have much knowledge about this. Thank you
    Hello chrisrichardsaludo and welcome to the forum. What kind of fuel do you use, and do you use any fuel system cleaners? Also you might want to have your wiring checked as the engine wiring harness is known to develop broken wires.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Pretend for a second that you are asking for help from someone who is very very far away and can’t see or here what’s going on. Explain yourself...if your reply is it won’t start you’re on your own and can try your luck with the above.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (07-05-2021)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello chrisrichardsaludo and welcome to the forum. What kind of fuel do you use, and do you use any fuel system cleaners? Also you might want to have your wiring checked as the engine wiring harness is known to develop broken wires.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
    91 octane. I also suspect the wirings underneath the driver side. What else should i check just to be sure? Thank you for the reply

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    When you turn the key,,, Does it crank the engine over??? Does it not crank the engine??? Are there any clicking noises??? Is it an auto or a stick??? Give us some more info & I'm sure the people here will help you out!!!
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    91 octane. I also suspect the wirings underneath the driver side. What else should i check just to be sure? Thank you for the reply
    Troubleshooting from a distance is difficult. We're not there to see or hear what's going on with your problem, and are missing out on a lot of details. I just threw out some common causes we've had here. But truly they might not have any bearing on your problem. So if you could provide some more detail, it would be helpful.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    When you turn the key,,, Does it crank the engine over??? Does it not crank the engine??? Are there any clicking noises??? Is it an auto or a stick??? Give us some more info & I'm sure the people here will help you out!!!
    No crank. No clicking noise either.it's a manual. Thank you sir.