Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Chevy Spark discontinued. Mirage last subcompact standing?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Mitsubishi Outlander
    You mean the new Nissan Outlander.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    FYI, I just got a note from a member of the U.S. Chevrolet Communications team saying they have not confirmed that the 2022 Chevrolet Spark will cease production. Now, of course that could just PR-speak for "We don't know so we're not confirming it." I guess time will tell!
    I found this that says that they expect it to stay in its current form through 2022 and possibly becoming a crossover for 2023.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chev...oogle_vignette

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerF765 View Post
    I found this that says that they expect it to stay in its current form through 2022 and possibly becoming a crossover for 2023.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/gm/chev...oogle_vignette

Quote taken from the above article - "Like all second-generation units of the Chevrolet Spark, the 2021 Spark continues to ride on GM’s Gamma 2 platform shared with the following vehicles:
    Chevrolet Trax/Tracker
    Chevrolet Sonic
    Buick Encore"

If a Spark shares a platform with the Chevrolet Trax, doesn't the Spark Crossover already exist?

The world surely needs more crossovers!

Sort of like Toyota loyalists saying the new Corolla Crossover reminds them of the early generation RAV4.

Who would have thought glorified station wagons would rule the auto world some day!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Revenge of the Family Truckster! "You think you hate it now, but wait til you drive it"...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I own a 2009 Toyota Matrix. It's a big truck compared to the Mirage. When the door shuts it sounds like a 1981 Ford LTD door compared to the Matrix. It seems like a crossover to me, versus a hatch. It is a very useful vehicle, mainly because it is a Toyota, sort of big (to give my wife plenty of mobile trash can capacity), and it prevents the wife from wanting to drive any of my cars. I think it's ugly, but it does get the job done with little complaint. Scotty Kilmer has the same vehicle. I really only own it because my wife crashed a Toyota Corolla we had, then magically like the next day her friend was selling this car, and let us have it C-H-E-A-P. We could still double our money if we sold it.

What's the point ... what's the point ... I guess it is that I don't love a crossover. But they are still better than a big ass SUV. The closer one gets to a sedan the better. I'm not liking the move toward all trucks and all electric vehicles in general.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

Thoraxe the Impaler LetItMarinate's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There has been an influx mirages on the road here in Springfield mo. I can say a year or two ago I would see one maybe every now and then. Now I’ll see several day !!
    Shake and bake baby

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,029 Posts
    I went across Atlanta to have some truck work done. Over there on that side, I saw several Mirages. I'm betting Mirage sales will increase substantially, with fewer competitors and higher gas prices.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)