Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Play stupid games...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Yeah, precious metals. I don't think copper is that precious. https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police...tals-1.5328129
    Not as valuable as a CAT, but still sought out. My sister had all the copper downspouts stolen off her house. A 10 foot section is currently $100 USD.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Not as valuable as a CAT, but still sought out. My sister had all the copper downspouts stolen off her house. A 10 foot section is currently $100 USD.
    Holy chit, didn't realize copper was that high.
    I've heard of abandoned houses getting gutted in some places. Around here it seems easier to steal wire from half finished houses or industrial areas then burn off the insulation. Probably get more money per back pack that way too.

I heard a while back someone either died or got pretty burned cutting through some high voltage lines. That sparks joy hearing stories like that.

Here's a funny one https://www.news24.com/news24/SouthA...iston-20191227

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (07-07-2021)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (07-07-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I heard a while back someone either died or got pretty burned cutting through some high voltage lines. That sparks joy hearing stories like that.

Here's a funny one https://www.news24.com/news24/SouthA...iston-20191227
    Damn, my dude, I'm not sure if I would call any of that funny... Those pictures look horrific.

And yes, before anyone retorts with it, if you're somebody who has lived a lifetime scraping and saving because you make just enough money to live the lifestyle you want, stuff like that can be cathartic because, wow, had that person been targeting your property, that would have hurt you so much. I get it.

But, damn, I sure hope I never get that callous/vindictive...
    Last edited by PityOnU; 07-06-2021 at 11:32 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PityOnU View Post
    Damn, my dude, I'm not sure if I would call any of that funny... Those pictures look horrific.

And yes, before anyone retorts with it, if you're somebody who has lived a lifetime scraping and saving because you make just enough money to live the lifestyle you want, stuff like that can be cathartic because, wow, had that person been targeting your property, that would have hurt you so much. I get it.

But, damn, I sure hope I never get that callous/vindictive...
    I agree. Calling that 'funny' is just plain cold.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Better to be cold than dim.
    Tip of the day: Don’t be stupid and you probably won’t burn or shoot yourself.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (07-07-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Better to be cold than dim.
    Tip of the day: Don’t be stupid and you probably won’t burn or shoot yourself.
    Agreed.

Banned
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    It's like something out of a movie, right? So, I was scrolling through the Best Online Bingo Apps thread here, and it got me thinking about the weirdest situations I've found myself in. Once, during a crazy work trip, I ended up in a tiny diner where I overheard two truckers talking about their favorite bingo app. They were so into it that they didn't notice their coffee spill, and one of them almost slipped and tased himself with the fork!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    Scammers get banned.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)