Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Me, my new Mirage, and my girlfriend's opinion...

Calling a spade a spade...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I like the G4, I think it is sharp. I only went for the hatch because I have never had a hatch. It has its pluses and negatives. I'm good with the hatch. Your girlfriend's taste in cars is horrible, she seems to only buy turds. However, at least she's not an SUV snob turd buyer. Good luck with your G4!

And actually, I kind of like the name putt-putt. I don't hear it and think of it negatively. Admittedly, it IS slow, but for GOOD reason. It's putt-putt in it's fuel consumption too. Her name creation is / was quite good.
    Was the Chrysler 200 that bad? I always thought it was a sharp looking sedan in person. You and I certainly see a lot of 300s in the A town for sure.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    Nowhere near as bad as a 7-Series BMW ... but it's not great.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I can't say nothing too bad about my girlfriend's 200. It's got some cool features and I can't deny that it is roomy, with compartments and storage all over the place.

There is one feature of the 200 that I do not like. The 200 has a proximity key with a push button start. I guess I should be in awe of that technology but it is already giving her trouble. She can toss her keys in the center console (or wherever they happen to land) and the pushbutton won't start the car. It says it can't detect the key. She has since learned the sweet spots where she can rest her keys and the car will start. YIKES! Even on a good day she's had to search for her keys after she shuts off the car. The keys will always be close by but buried under sunglasses and other stuff, or maybe in the passenger seat, or possible between the seats.

The engineers at Mitsubishi had the sense to design a really clever key management feature. You stick the gosh darn key right there in the steering column. A driver always knows where the keys are, neatly tucked up and out of the way.

I'm being tongue in cheek about this, but just barely. I likely might have not bought the G4 if it had a proximity key.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by allrock View Post
    i think you can win the race! have both cars full tank and race till both cars reach empty you will win for sure.. welcome to the forum!!
    Wow! I love this because it is so true and so simple. I'd blow her doors off doing 80 miles per hour while she is stuck on the side of the road scrambling to get roadside assistance to bring her a gallon of gas.

I won't be that mean though. She has my cell phone number so if she calls and humbly tells me I WIN, I'll turn around and drive back to help her out.

Oh, you better believe she's going to hear about this!
    Last edited by dberry; 07-13-2021 at 01:24 PM. Reason: just a minor tweak

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,392 Times in 1,009 Posts
    I don't know ... the 200 has a 15.8 gallon tank. That's 6.6 more gallons than the Mirage. Might want to do the math. It might be close.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dberry View Post
    Wow! I love this because it is so true and so simple. I'd blow her doors off doing 80 miles per hour while she is stuck on the side of the road scrambling to get roadside assistance to bring her a gallon of gas.

I won't be that mean though. She has my cell phone number so if she calls and humbly tells me I WIN, I'll turn around and drive back to help her out.

Oh, you better believe she's going to hear about this!
    ive seen this on one episode of top gear where jeremy features the EVO9 they raced it with a lambo driven by the stig the evo9 can coup up with the lambo but the lambo lost eventually due to empty fuel tank, its hilarious.