Thread: 2021 mirage radar features

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Question 2021 mirage radar features

hello all,

so the 2021 mirage has forward collision avoidance on all models in the USA and on the top trim model in canada. It also has a frontal camera on top trim models in both countries. used for the lane departure warning. I was wondering if the car comes equipped or can be configured with radar cruise control and/or any steering assistance features?

also has anyone considered trying to port open pilot https://comma.ai to the vehicle?

also on a side note, where is the radar mounted on these cars?

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about the Mirage with adaptive cruise.

Which is odd, if the radar unit could be used to enable it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's mounted behind the rear view mirror, inside front center top of windshield. No idea if any aftermarket mods can be done with it, since I'm not interested in that and I wish it didn't have this camera at all.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Only the top trim has a camera, otherwise you just get radar. In Canada only the top trim has camera and radar all other trims have nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMind2017 View Post
    It's mounted behind the rear view mirror, inside front center top of windshield. No idea if any aftermarket mods can be done with it, since I'm not interested in that and I wish it didn't have this camera at all.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    Only the top trim has a camera, otherwise you just get radar. In Canada only the top trim has camera and radar all other trims have nothing
    Whatever it is, I'd prefer to rip it out.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about the Mirage with adaptive cruise.

Which is odd, if the radar unit could be used to enable it.
    i think the radar cant be used for adaptive cruise control because the montero also have radar but they ddnt use it for the adaptive cruise control instead they use another sensor similar to back up sensor but facing front.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to allrock For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-16-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    My 2010 Lexus LS 460L has Radar Adaptive Cruise Control. Luckily with a flip of the button the cruise control can be changed to TRADITIONAL cruise control. The Radar Cruise Control, even at its farthest distance (from the car ahead) equates to: AUTOMATED TAILGATING. I strongly dislike it and never use it.

It gets closer than I would prefer, and then speeds up and slows down in parallel with the car ahead to annoy both me and the person it is tailgating. Why would ANYONE want that ... unless that's how they drive on a regular basis. I do not. I stay back and just cruise.

This has to be one of the worst features ever adapted to a car. It trains a person how to tailgate.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)