Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Service Schedule

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Service Schedule

Can someone post the 2021 service Schedule or of an earlier mirage?

Thanks.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks
    https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...nance-schedule

You're US so, that's a US one, they're all different for different countries some reason.

You could also try this https://www.mitsubishicars.com/owner...nance-schedule , but I can never get it to function

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redoubt View Post
    Can someone post the 2021 service Schedule or of an earlier mirage?

Thanks.
    Curious? What are trying to compare?

Here's my 2017 service booklet -

https://mcarsstatic.cachefly.net/pdf...20Complete.pdf

You'll want to scroll down to pages 39-42.

Country
    Australia
    Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So I'm trying to figure out oil change intervals. My mirage will be brand new with zero miles. When is the first oil change?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So I'm trying to figure out oil change intervals. My mirage will be brand new with zero miles. When is the first oil change?
    I've got my 2021 Warranty & Maintenance manual right in front of me. Kentucky USA
    On page 41, the book says

Selecting the proper maintenance Schedule
    There are two maintenance schedules that show proper service for your vehicle.
    Schedule 1
    I'm not going to list them all here but schedule 1 includes dusty, rough, muddy, towing, police, taxi, extended use of brakes, sandy, and driving in heavy city traffic when the temperature is above 90 degrees

Schedule 2 is for everybody else.

Page 42, the manual says if you are a schedule 1 driver, get an oil change and filter every 3750 miles-or every three months

On page 43, the manual says us schedule 2 drivers should get an oil change and filter every 7500 miles-or six months.

This is straight from the booklets mouth from a fellow new USA Mirage owner in eastern Kentucky.
    Last edited by dberry; 07-14-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Schedule 1 = 3,750 miles or 3 months

Schedule 2 = 7,500 miles or 6 months

What determines schedule 1?. - (copied/pasted from my 2017 maintenance booklet)

Use Schedule 1 if you primarily operate your vehicle under any of these conditions:
    • Driving on dusty, rough, muddy or salt-spread roads
    • Towing or police, taxi or commercial operation
    • Extensive idling and /or low speed operation
    • Repeated short-trip operation at freezing temperatures (engine not thoroughly warmed up)
    • Extended use of brakes while driving
    • Driving in sandy areas
    • More than 50% operation in heavy city traffic during hot weather above 90°F (32°C)

Schedule 2
    Use Schedule 2 only if you primarily operate your vehicle
    under conditions other than those listed in Schedule 1.

Just an example: My Mirage was built in January of 2017, and I purchased it in October of 2017. My factory oil was most likely 9 months old before I even bought my Mirage.

I wouldn't hesitate doing the first oil change a bit early (2,500-3,000 miles), and they go from there. In my case, I like doing oil/filter changes every 5,000 miles. I'm sure several members didn't do their first oil change early, but it's something I would consider. In hindsight, my factory oil may have been well over a year old when I did my first oil change.

If I were to do it over again, I would have done 2,000 miles, 4,000 miles, & 4,000 miles for the first three oil/filter changes. Once I reached 10,000 miles even, I would do what I am doing now (oil/filter changed every 5,000 miles). It's only 3 quarts of oil to change.

I am not saying this is best for your situation or anyone else's. It just feels right for my situation, & I do my own oil/filter changes.

Now that I own my Mirage, my 2011 Subaru Forester is being used less than 5,000 miles/year. I change my Forester oil/filter once a year regardless of the mileage. If my Forester were to reach 5,000 miles before the year was up, I would change it at that time.

Everyone's situation is different. Outside of the first oil change, I see no reason to change oil before 3,750 miles or after 7,500 miles. My local mechanic (services the cars for the driving school I work for) recommends 5,000 mile oil/filter changes when using synthetic oil.

I am an older geezer. I did conventional oil & cheap oil filters changed every 3,000 miles most of my life. Since switching to synthetic oil & better quality oil filters, I feel 5,000 mile oil change intervals are perfectly fine. If I did mostly long trips (rack up miles fast on my Mirage), I would probably extend that out to 7,500 mile oil/filter change intervals.

I would like to keep my Mirage for 10-15 years. Thus, I don't mind giving it some extra TLC. If I traded cars every couple years or leased one, I would just do 7,500 mile oil changes.

The Mirage is tough, dependable car. If you take care of it, it will serve you very well for a very long time!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Schedule 1 = 3,750 miles or 3 months

Schedule 2 = 7,500 miles or 6 months

I am an older geezer. I did conventional oil & cheap oil filters changed every 3,000 miles most of my life. Since switching to synthetic oil & better quality oil filters, I feel 5,000 mile oil change intervals are perfectly fine. If I did mostly long trips (rack up miles fast on my Mirage), I would probably extend that out to 7,500 mile oil/filter change intervals.

I would like to keep my Mirage for 10-15 years. Thus, I don't mind giving it some extra TLC. If I traded cars every couple years or leased one, I would just do 7,500 mile oil changes.

The Mirage is tough, dependable car. If you take care of it, it will serve you very well for a very long time!
    Darn Mark, I'm an old geezer too but I never got that down and dirty about it. You win the show. You get the prize! Since we are all here, what will be the magic my Mirage will perform when I take on your oil schedule?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dberry View Post
    Darn Mark, I'm an old geezer too but I never got that down and dirty about it. You win the show. You get the prize! Since we are all here, what will be the magic my Mirage will perform when I take on your oil schedule?
    Long Life

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,428 Times in 1,035 Posts
    I did oil changes at:

• 437 miles,
    • 1,044 miles,
    • 2,235 miles,
    • 5,250 miles,
    • 7,480 miles,

From 7,480 miles I will stick to the vehicle's recommended maintenance schedule from the LCD information screen.

I've done similar oil changes on all my (new) vehicles.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)