Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking advantage of high used car prices...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I don't mind fixing something up but when it's represented totally wrong that's a different story.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,683 Times in 2,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klroger View Post
    There are no cheep trucks anymore. I tried to find one too. I found a Ranger Splash that I thought was a good deal... The biggest mistake I've ever made... Better to buy a new one, or if you don't want new, I'll sell a reconditioned Ranger Splash for what I have in it...
    I bought my 4' x 8' tilt bed trailer in 1994. I paid $387 for it. It's been used & abused for 27 years now. Outside of one new wiring harness and a new pair of 12" 6-ply tires, I haven't really needed to do much else. As far as maintenance goes, the wheel bearings have grease fittings. I give them a shot of grease a couple times each year.

I could easily get more than what I paid for it ($400-500). I don't think anyone could say the same about a truck that's been used & abused for 27 years.

I rather buy another new trailer than own someone else's old junk (truck).

@Dodge Aries K

"15 inch G4 SE alloy wheels, 14 inch 14-15 alloy wheels,"

Yo, i see you're in Illinois and mentioned Chicago. I'm interested in some wheels!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, I got some wheels! I'm out in Machesney Park by Rockford.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I wish I could sell my 2014 Mirage state-side right now.

I love my Mirage, but around here I seem to get pushed around on the road by big trucks and SUVs all the time. Kinda annoying when I'm driving home tired from work all day.. after driving big trucks all day... to then be harassed by meany grocery-getter trucks, not used for anything trucky, thinking their king of the road. Whatever happened to the golden rule anybody?

Sad that inflation is so bad in the States, but even sadder that I can't drive my Mirage without getting harrassed by macho men and women, who think they're driving a turret high up in their pickup truck. Drives me nuts.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I wouldn't worry so much about those morons in those trucks. They're just sad that they're worthless idiots. Keep the Mirage going and enjoy some fuel savings.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-18-2021)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    I wouldn't worry so much about those morons in those trucks. They're just sad that they're worthless idiots. Keep the Mirage going and enjoy some fuel savings.
    Thanks, that makes me feel better. Definitely getting annoying with the rudeness on the roads, seems worse now, maybe.

Why do people waste their money, I don't know, if someone has a lot to burn, doesn't matter I guess? but I never had that attitude. My gas payments are like $19 a week when gas is high lol, so yea joke is on them

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20210718_232612.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  87.7 KB

Scored this 4x8 trailer for $140. Needs a new piece of wood for the deck but pulls nice and straight. I guess the Basketcase gets to stay and do more work. Still have a lot of extra parts to sell, though.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,683 Times in 2,102 Posts
    Name:  IMG_20210718_232612.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  87.7 KB

Scored this 4x8 trailer for $140. Needs a new piece of wood for the deck but pulls nice and straight. I guess the Basketcase gets to stay and do more work. Still have a lot of extra parts to sell, though.
    Even with the huge mark up of plywood these days, $140 plus the cost of a sheet of plywood will be much cheaper than buying an old truck. Probably give you fewer headaches, too!

Looks in great shape for that price!

I used my trailer twice today for two different jobs. I would be lost without one!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,781 Times in 2,100 Posts
    That's a nice looking trailer. Can it fit alongside your garage stored upright on it's end? That would save some space in your yard.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)