Thread: Taking advantage of high used car prices...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,037 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I wish I could sell my 2014 Mirage state-side right now.

I love my Mirage, but around here I seem to get pushed around on the road by big trucks and SUVs all the time. Kinda annoying when I'm driving home tired from work all day.. after driving big trucks all day... to then be harassed by meany grocery-getter trucks, not used for anything trucky, thinking their king of the road. Whatever happened to the golden rule anybody?

Sad that inflation is so bad in the States, but even sadder that I can't drive my Mirage without getting harrassed by macho men and women, who think they're driving a turret high up in their pickup truck. Drives me nuts.
    dspace9 - This is somewhat of a sensitive issue with me. As I'm the one who (on an occasion) drives a big ole pickup truck. FWIW, you may appreciate this, when I'm driving around in my big ole pickup truck, I try to drive it as nice, civil, respectful, non intimidating as I can. I always have. As I know just how much potential energy that thing is loaded with at speed.

I did have an accident with my 7,130 pound truck about 3 years ago. A goofball driver in an Altima got cut-off in traffic (not the goofball's fault) by a local "Marshall" truck. The goofball exaggerated the fact he was cutoff by coming to a (totally unnecessary) full stop while indicating to the Marshall he was #1, but using the wrong finger. Me? I'm about 50 yards behind the goofball, and the words MARSHALL caught my eye as I noticed it cut off the goofball. And I was thinking, "what an example that ass just set." Yes, I screwed up. I took my eyes off the goofball, during his exaggeration to come to a full stop. When I got my eyes back where they should have been, it was like the Titanic and the iceberg. There just wasn't enough time and space to change the direction quick enough. If you're imagining the character Shrek stomping his brake pedal through the floor, and giving full left rudder at the same time, you'd be very accurate. A 7,130 pound pickup truck doesn't react like a sports car, and now there is one less Altima on the road. The truck drove home ($1,900 in repairs). I sat and talked to the goofball a while. He was an OK young man. He admitted he shouldn't have done it, but what's done is done. And I told him I had fixated on the MARSHALL that cut him off, not expecting him to stop. Glad he was OK. Thinking back on it ... neither of my front impact airbags deployed. Also can still "feel" the impact. I can tell you it was gentle compared to the hundreds (maybe thousands) of impacts I took playing football (years worth, including my first year of college).

Sorry for the long story. But I don't WANT to hurt anyone with my big truck. So I kind of tippy-toe around with it and try not to bully anyone with it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.0 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (07-19-2021)