Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Taking advantage of high used car prices...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Picked up the check today, going to pull the hitch off tomorrow. It's bittersweet... I'm going to miss that car but profit and less insurance and plate fees for me is pretty nice, too.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    If you can pull the hitch and hardware off before Monday you can have the hitch and hardware for FREE. I am too physically messed up to go through fishing the stupid hardware out of the frame rails. So yeah, free hitch if you come pull it.
    That's generous of you.

FYI, it's probably easier to just remove the rear bumper cover & bumper bar to do a hitch installation or removal. Bumper removal is easy - takes 10 minutes or so. There's access to the inside of the boxed frame rail once you the crash bar is off. I did that because one bit of hitch hardware was stuck inside.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 64.5 mpg (US) ... 27.4 km/L ... 3.6 L/100 km ... 77.4 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    It's bittersweet...
    These cars are like skittles. You'll have another one soon enough.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE 1.2 manual: 64.5 mpg (US) ... 27.4 km/L ... 3.6 L/100 km ... 77.4 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, it's the dealer's car now... I don't think they would like be pulling the bumper cover off of it but they said I can take the hitch off so I'll try to save the hardware as well. Otherwise, a new hardware kit is like $30 at Camping World.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...