Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Taking advantage of high used car prices...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Picked up the check today, going to pull the hitch off tomorrow. It's bittersweet... I'm going to miss that car but profit and less insurance and plate fees for me is pretty nice, too.

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    If you can pull the hitch and hardware off before Monday you can have the hitch and hardware for FREE. I am too physically messed up to go through fishing the stupid hardware out of the frame rails. So yeah, free hitch if you come pull it.
    That's generous of you.

FYI, it's probably easier to just remove the rear bumper cover & bumper bar to do a hitch installation or removal. Bumper removal is easy - takes 10 minutes or so. There's access to the inside of the boxed frame rail once you the crash bar is off. I did that because one bit of hitch hardware was stuck inside.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

It's bittersweet...
    These cars are like skittles. You'll have another one soon enough.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, it's the dealer's car now... I don't think they would like be pulling the bumper cover off of it but they said I can take the hitch off so I'll try to save the hardware as well. Otherwise, a new hardware kit is like $30 at Camping World.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Took advantage yet again of the crazy high car pricing. With a new baby on the way who's actually here now and wanting to do some home improvements among other stuff I sold my beloved 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport to CarMax for more than I bought it for two and a half years ago. They gave me $18,600 for it. I was really sad to see it go because I bought that brand new and it was a manual transmission which was the last year they offered it... On the plus side I got to use the car for two and a half years for free.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Took advantage yet again of the crazy high car pricing. With a new baby on the way who's actually here now and wanting to do some home improvements among other stuff I sold my beloved 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport to CarMax for more than I bought it for two and a half years ago. They gave me $18,600 for it. I was really sad to see it go because I bought that brand new and it was a manual transmission which was the last year they offered it... On the plus side I got to use the car for two and a half years for free.
    Ooof, that had to be a painful decision if you loved your manual 5 speed OS as much as I love mine. I don't know how rare they are but I'm guessing pretty rare considering 2019 was the last year for the stick, couldn't have been more than a few hundred exported to the North American market.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Not gunna lie, I shed a few tears letting it go. I was the only person to ever drive it minus the service techs for oil changes. I took great care of it.

However, responsibility kind of kicked in with a new baby coming and my wife being out of work for a few months because of that. Figured having the money around would be better in case of emergency. Plus, it's not like I'm lacking for vehicles... I got the full size 17 Outlander GT that is really nice to drive, Toyota Prius C, Subaru Baja, and a bunch of stuff I need to fix and find homes for including another OUtlander Sport that the transmission is wonky in. Dumb CVT.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    ...sold my beloved 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport to CarMax for more than I bought it for two and a half years ago.
    I'm just curious if you got quotes from Carvana and Vroom? The last car I sold went to Vroom. They offered me $1,000 more than Carmax...and maybe $200 more than Carvana.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    I was the only person to ever drive it minus the service techs for oil changes. I took great care of it.
    I'm the same way, except for the 14 miles it had on the odometer prior to me driving it off the lot I've been the ONLY driver my OS. I've let no one drive it, I change my own oil and it's been flawless for the now 2+ years I've owned it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'm just curious if you got quotes from Carvana and Vroom? The last car I sold went to Vroom. They offered me $1,000 more than Carmax...and maybe $200 more than Carvana.
    Never heard of Vroom. Carvana was less though for it but I don't remember by how much. I did sell my 2019 Mirage SE to Carvana a while ago and they paid more than Carmax did on that vehicle.