Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drum/abs help (where is ABS pulse ring?)\

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadenaaron66 View Post
    Hello,
    Ive looked at that diagram, but for some reason, the Mitsubishi dealers that ive called, said thats not a us manual. That #5 piece is impossible to find. They said it basically “doesn’t exist” for my car
    Have you tried driving without it? What would happen if a wheel speed sensor malfunctions?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    A pity the OEM parts are thrown away. Since mine is a European car, I'll just step back and leave it to a US owner to answer.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Have you tried driving without it? What would happen if a wheel speed sensor malfunctions?
    So the first issue was, we were driving on the highway and the car stopped accelerating. It didnt shut off, nothing turned off. Just the car stopped accelerating. All of the abs and traction lights are on.
    So, the garage said that the last garage who worked on the car, never put the abs sensor back on/ put the wrong drums on the car.

The ABS pulse ring is black, soft plastic/rubber, as seen in this pic:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Sorry for you if some IQ wielding braniac threw it away!!!
    The drum is not just a drum, but a rear wheel hub assembly. Thankfully we can read the FSM.
    See part number 5 in the drawing of the US Factory Service Manual (FSM) for the 2015 Mirage.

Attachment 21614
    If you can get a part number from over there feel free to post it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (07-15-2021),davidricardo86 (07-15-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    The ABS pulse ring is black, soft plastic/rubber, as seen in this pic:

It's more of a metal ring coated in rubbery plastic shmoo

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (07-15-2021),MetroMPG (07-15-2021)

So the first issue was, we were driving on the highway and the car stopped accelerating. It didnt shut off, nothing turned off. Just the car stopped accelerating. All of the abs and traction lights are on.
    So, the garage said that the last garage who worked on the car, never put the abs sensor back on/ put the wrong drums on the car.
    If you aren't in a big rush send me a pm and I'll send you a couple. It wouldn't be able to do it until the end of the month.
    I'd still kindly ask for some compensation from the first shop who goofed up in the first place. Out here there is an organization that helps consumers who get screwed by car dealers and shops that usually favors the customer. I'd hope you have something similar out your way to help get some compensation.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-20-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It's more of a metal ring coated in rubbery plastic shmoo
    Awesome, then i most definitely do have the right thing, then. The centric drums come complete.
    Thank you every one for the help!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kadenaaron66 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (07-15-2021),MetroMPG (07-20-2021)

Awesome, then i most definitely do have the right thing, then. The centric drums come complete.
    Thank you every one for the help!
    Whats the part number on the centric drums you got? They show 2 different part numbers on rockauto. Some people say they're complete and others say they come bare. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...embly-question

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Whats the part number on the centric drums you got? They show 2 different part numbers on rockauto. Some people say they're complete and others say they come bare. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...embly-question
    I bought the Centric 12346026.
    103$ each.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kadenaaron66 For This Useful Post:

davidricardo86 (07-15-2021),Fummins (06-29-2022),inuvik (07-15-2021)