Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roll call for CVT owners with original CVT over 75k miles

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Roll call for CVT owners with original CVT over 75k miles

Its been a minute since there has been a census on high mileage CVT owners. Post your miles/experience so far please.

2014 DE CVT: @ 80k miles and going strong with 2 cvt fluid changes, prevenative changing of the serpintine belt and spark plugs. One cvt fluid done at dealer and one at Aamco.

2017 ES CVT G4: @56K MILES doing good. Only had to replace a battery cable so far and has had one cvt fluid change @ Aamco.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Its been a minute since there has been a census on high mileage CVT owners. Post your miles/experience so far please.

2014 DE CVT: @ 80k miles and going strong with 2 cvt fluid changes, prevenative changing of the serpintine belt and spark plugs. One cvt fluid done at dealer and one at Aamco.

2017 ES CVT G4: @56K MILES doing good. Only had to replace a battery cable so far and has had one cvt fluid change @ Aamco.
    The 414,000 mile & still going strong Mirage @ White Bear -

Dirk - Did you ever find out what CVT service that car had done to it?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    The 414,000 mile & still going strong Mirage @ White Bear -

Dirk - Did you ever find out what CVT service that car had done to it?
    The owner never got back to me on anything sadly.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    82K miles on my daughter's ruby red 15 DE CVT. Amazing reliability thus far. Nothing other than regular maintenance items (fluids, filters, 12V battery, brakes, and one set of tires).

If it's anything like my Honda GCV160 lawnmower engine, her Mirage is going to last a very long time. I have not been able to kill that lawnmower engine (not trying to) despite having a wheel fall off in operation and after bending the blade twice when striking a tree root or the edge of the sidewalk. I'm on my fourth blade after 9 years of use.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thx1138guy View Post
    82K miles on my daughter's ruby red 15 DE CVT. Amazing reliability thus far. Nothing other than regular maintenance items (fluids, filters, 12V battery, brakes, and one set of tires).

If it's anything like my Honda GCV160 lawnmower engine, her Mirage is going to last a very long time. I have not been able to kill that lawnmower engine (not trying to) despite having a wheel fall off in operation and after bending the blade twice when striking a tree root or the edge of the sidewalk. I'm on my fourth blade after 9 years of use.
    My primary push mower has a 3.75 hp Briggs & Stratton engine that's 24 years old. It's on its 4 used mower deck. I use it to mow all the rough hilly terrain that I am not comfortable using my rider on. I credit its long life to limited power. It I hit something hard, it conks out easily. I obviously change oil once a year, & I replaced the carburetor parts a few times. It's used a couple hours each time I mow two lawns. My backup MTD push mower is about 15 years old.

My John Deere LX176 is 28 years old. 14 hp Kawasaki engine just keeps chugging along. I bought it used in 2002.

My 1985 Honda Fourtrax 250 is older than the others. I bought it used in 2001. In the 20 years I have owned it, it's never been to a shop for repairs. It took care of all my snow plowing up to this last winter. I upgraded to 1996 Fourtrax 300 4x4 last summer. I still like using the 250 on my trails.

My 2006 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 was bought new, I consider it young by comparison to everything else except my Mirage!

If you take care of stuff it will last a long time. My McCullough gas powered grass trimmer was purchased in 1994. I used it for over an hour yesterday. It's the only one I have ever owned.

CDS: (CVT Derangement Syndrome)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Well we just had a poor guy have a possible CVT failure on a 2015 with only 68k miles. It might do us CVT owners some good to hear about some success stories.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (07-20-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    94k on mine with minimal maintenance drained and replaced ~3qts twice so far

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 automatic: 38.7 mpg (US) ... 16.4 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.4 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DieselDalek For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-21-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My primary push mower has a 3.75 hp Briggs & Stratton engine that's 24 years old. It's on its 4 used mower deck. I use it to mow all the rough hilly terrain that I am not comfortable using my rider on. I credit its long life to limited power. It I hit something hard, it conks out easily. I obviously change oil once a year, & I replaced the carburetor parts a few times. It's used a couple hours each time I mow two lawns. My backup MTD push mower is about 15 years old.

My John Deere LX176 is 28 years old. 14 hp Kawasaki engine just keeps chugging along. I bought it used in 2002.

My 1985 Honda Fourtrax 250 is older than the others. I bought it used in 2001. In the 20 years I have owned it, it's never been to a shop for repairs. It took care of all my snow plowing up to this last winter. I upgraded to 1996 Fourtrax 300 4x4 last summer. I still like using the 250 on my trails.

My 2006 Kawasaki Mule 610 4x4 was bought new, I consider it young by comparison to everything else except my Mirage!

If you take care of stuff it will last a long time. My McCullough gas powered grass trimmer was purchased in 1994. I used it for over an hour yesterday. It's the only one I have ever owned.
    Note: None of the above mentioned vehicles or tools were made by JATCO or Nissan.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Well we just had a poor guy have a possible CVT failure on a 2015 with only 68k miles. It might do us CVT owners some good to hear about some success stories.
    Dirk - You have that 414,000 mile pink (sorry purple) going for you. It blows away Steve's cheap plastic car with 300,000 miles on a manual transmission. After Steve started reporting transmission issues, he disappeared from the forum. I wish that I knew how that story ended, too!

Doing good maintenance & hoping for the best is all one can do.

In regards to the 2015 with CVT issues - This is a good example of why I hate to see the pricing of new Mirages going up so drastically these past few months.

A base model Mirage for $10,000-12,000 had some appeal to it, because you are still getting a car with a 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. It would cover a CVT issue like this. Sadly affordable cars are disappearing from the market. I don't blame that on car companies, however. That is driven by consumers.

I miss more basic vehicles. If someone loves extra feature, they can spend away on an upper trim level.

America has driven away some of the more basic vehicle companies. Isuzu & Suzuki come to mind first. I miss these companies. I wish we had the Suzuki Jimny and their entire line up here. We have pushed these companies away.

Even if someone has the money, I am still surprised how much people are willing to spend on vehicles. At the same time, this also explains why the average vehicle on the road is 12.1 years old in the States.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (07-21-2021)