Thread: Foglight advice

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Foglight advice

Greetings,
    I bought my G4 brand new, totally unexpected. It now has about 2100 miles on it.

I want fog lights. My light switch has settings for it. I assume that means the wiring and whatever is there.

How much will the dealer charge me? I know I should just ask the dealer but I'm scared. Plus, the dealer is over 80 miles away and I don't want to have to drop off my Mirage for a day or two and have to go rent a car for $250+ a day.

Can a hill jack mechanic do this kind of work? I live in the hills. I've seen fog light kits for sale on ebay and I've seen videos of hill jacks installing them, but I'm scared that they will hurt my car.

How much to install fog lights and how big a job is it for the mechanic? I don't want the mechanic to have to rip out my manifold and spend hours and ruin his day. A mad mechanic is no good to anybody.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-20-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I would have suggested the same video. I don't think the installation would be all that difficult. Most anyone including yourself may be able to do that. The challenge is finding someone to help you enable them in ETACs.

You may want to start with quote from various dealers. What is the price to have a pair installed? What is the price to enable ones that are already installed would be my second question to them?

If I lived close to Erik (Mrfixit on the forum), I would consider asking/paying someone like him to install them for me.

I have never had fog lights, & I can't miss something I've never had.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    your lucky you already have the switch to begin with you only need a foglamp with the matching socket and a relay, then find someone who can enable that feature on your ETACS.

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    This might help you.

https://youtu.be/R6BunyvJvqQ

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage GLS 1.2 manual: 3,108.4 mpg (US) ... 1,321.5 km/L ... 0.1 L/100 km ... 3,733.0 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mitsumi For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-20-2021)